Chapter 23 • Under The Bubbles

WARNING : A bit of sexual content is mentioned in this chapter. Continue at your own risk.

The sun was starting to rise, but it was still a little dark.. dark enough for the street lights to be on. Stephen's hand was on my leg, caressing it gently as he drove with one hand, turning off the freeway and into my neighborhood. We barely got any sleep last night because we stayed up talking for hours, once again.

"You'll text me, right?" He questioned, making me turn to look at him, to see his eyebrow cocked.

I gave a simple, reassuring smile as I nodded my head. "Yes, Stephen. I promise," I avowed, making him sigh in relief.

"If you need me, you'll call me or text me, correct?" He questioned, making me giggle at his persistence.

"Yes Mr. James, I'll call or text you if I need you. But I promise I'll be fine," I smiled, placing my hand on top of his that was on my leg to reassure him.

"I'm just worried. I don't want him hurting-," he went to continue on, making me interrupt him. "Don't worry, Stephen." I tried to demand him, but he shook his head as he pulled up in front of my house, putting the car in park.

I turned to the side, seeing my mothers car gone before he grabbed my face gently, forcing me to look at him. "Are you sure you won't need a ride?" He questioned and I nodded my head once again, making a laugh leave my parted lips.

"Yes Stephen!" I called out in laughter at how he kept insisting. "Okay, okay. Well call me when you get home, alright?" He asked, making me nod my head.

"I will," I smiled, making him pull me close to him into a small kiss, my lips forming into a smile against his lips, before pulling away. "Well I'll talk to you later, okay?" I suggested as I unbuckled myself, opening the car door, making him nod his head.

I got out of the car, giving him a small wave that he returned before I shut the door, making my way to the front door, praying my mother left the front door open for me, cause if she didn't I was going to have to crawl through one of the back windows. My hand met the door knob of our front door, making pleas leave my lips before I went to open it and of course.. it wasn't opened.

I prayed that Stephen drove off and thank gosh he did. I opened the side gate and shut it behind me as I made my way into our backyard, making my way to the side kitchen window, sliding it up before I pushed the screen off and put my leg over the window, before I put my other leg in, almost falling into the sink on my way in. I shut the window and put the screen back on, before I made my way up the stairs with the bag of underwear Stephen bought me in my hands.

I opened my door to my bedroom, my heart sinking as I looked at my messy room. A bunch of my clothes were scattered on my floor that my mom must've thrown out of the clean laundry. Of course I didn't expect her to fold them or hang them up for me, but at least not throw them everywhere. I sighed and bent down, picking my clothes up and making a pile so I wouldn't step on them. I stood up, checking my phone for the time seeing I had an hour and thirty minutes to get ready.

It was pretty cold outside but I wanted to make sure whatever I wore was going to cover my whole body, because for some odd reason whenever I'm near my dad, I feel so uncomfortable to wear things that show my skin. But I wanted him to look at me as a good girl and to like me. I wanted him to think of me as my life is put together and I'm stable, not a mess because of him. I began looking through my closet for something till I found it.

The only way to explain it was that it was like one of those cute picnic dresses. It went down to below my knees so it was perfect and wouldn't be showing a lot of skin. It was white with blue flowers on them, I grabbed it from my closet along with a white cardigan, as always of course so it wouldn't be too cold. I grabbed my white shoes to wear with it and set my outfit on the bed as I went to my drawers to grab my socks.

Daddy Issues (18+)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara