Chapter 22 • The Calm Before The Storm

I quietly gulped as a blush rose to my cheeks. Why did I kind of like that? I liked the pain it caused, especially when it came from him. I bit my lip as I let out a, "maybe.."

I definitely wasn't going to admit to liking it, because I was embarrassed, but why did I like the fact he spanked me? "Maybe..?" He repeated my words, a smirk lingering in his tone before a soft chuckle followed behind as he said, "it's a yes or a no, my pretty little angel."

I quickly bypassed the question by teasingly questioning, "did you seriously spank me like I'm a child?" My lips widening into a playful smile as I sat up on his lap.

"It's what naughty girls get for making fun of daddy.." he joked with me, trying to keep a straight face but failed miserably when I looked down and began to laugh, making him join in with his deep laughter.

My laughter died down as I went to get up from his lap, but he quickly stopped me by pulling me back onto him. "Will you try the next one on for me?" He asked, making me tilt my head.

"Isn't that going to ruin the surprise of seeing me in it another time? You won't be in "awe"," I playfully joked with a little laugh, throwing up quotation marks.

His smile disappeared at my words as he shook his head, "Janie, I'm in awe twenty-four-seven with you. Even if I see you in these now, another time I see you in them, I'm going to have the same reaction because you are absolutely stunning all of the time, no matter what you wear." He attempted to reassure the joke I made, just making me look away with a nod before I pushed myself off of his lap.

"Okay, well. Is there one particularly you want me to try on right now?" I asked him, making him shake his head. "Surprise me."

I nodded at his words, making my way back to the bag, grabbing out the white and pink pair. Before I put them on, I turned to him to see if he was looking and thank gosh he wasn't so I quickly slid off the red pair before slipping on the white pair with the little pink flowers on them. I took a quiet deep breath as I gazed down at myself, making me quickly look away and straight ahead at the view from his huge window of the lighted city beneath us.

I hated how I looked in these sets of panties and bras he got me. I didn't look how I thought I should, like the girls in the magazines. There was no thigh gap like them or gap between my arms. I felt like I was suppose to be skinny, wasn't I? Isn't that what Stephen wanted or any guy, matter of fact? I wanted to cry of humiliation, but of course I wouldn't, at least not in front of Stephen James.

I had somehow managed to believe the little assumptions I just told myself, making my cheeks turn a bright pomegranate red as I took one last deep, hitching breath before I turned around, allowing my basically naked body to be on display for him to see. Before I gathered his attention, I wrapped my arms tightly around my chest and stomach, anxiously. I glanced up at him, going to tell him he could look now but got caught of guard at the sight of him scanning me up and down, a patch of red displayed on his tanned cheeks.

He looked away from me as a deep gulp came from him as he had stared up at the ceiling as he took a deep breath before peering over to me, making me nervous for what was to come. He roughly ran his hands through his hair as I seen his legs begin to bounce under the table. "Janie..." he trailed off in a horribly sexy, raspy tone to himself, as he pointed his entire body towards me.

"Hmm..?" I quietly squeaked out, making him cock his eyebrows. "Come here, Adair.. I need to see all of you." He demanded, making me give a hesitant nod before I made my way to the front of his desk.