Chapter 5 • What A Young Girl Should Not Know

"What are you doing right now?" He asked with a hiccup finishing his sentence. "Um, I'm not doing anything, why?" I questioned. "Do you want to hang out?"

"Right now?" I asked, sitting up from the bed. He's got to be kidding me, right? "Yeah, right now, so what do you say?" He agreed and I sat here flabbergasted, feeling my stomach rat up into tangled knots, which made me shift uncomfortably.

"Uh, where would we hang out at?" I asked and he gave a shrug, "let's see, I'm at . . ." He mumbled. "You know where Janet and I live? Well it's at that little bench area, you know?" He asked and I shook my head, no I have absolutely no idea where this bench area by his house is. "Where are you?" He asked. "Do you want me to come pick you up?"

I shook my head, "Oh no, no," I repeated while shaking my head. "I'll see you soon," I said, waiting for him to reply, leaving us on the line with a few good seconds of silence before he hung up, immediately. It was probably not a good idea to go, yet I was and didn't know why I wanted to go, especially after what he did. I looked over at Sammy who was dead asleep and slipped my phone into my pocket.

I stood up, going to her desk to leave her a note on why I left, because I knew if I left without letting her know, she'd be upset and worried, which was understandable. So I tore a piece of paper off her notebook which was laid out and wrote that I felt sick and went home. I grabbed my laptop and placed it into my bag, hoping I wasn't leaving anything, I quietly opened her door and stepped out, shutting it behind me. Quietly stepping out of the hall, I made my way to their front door, about to open it.

"Where are you going?" I heard, which made my eyes practically bulge out of my eye sockets like silly string. "The party's already over?" he questioned in a sarcastic voice. I turned around.

"Nope, it's been over for a while now," I said, searching for him in the dark, as I was positive he sat in the living room to my left based on where I was hearing his voice from. "Oh, I see. So what are you doing leaving so late?" he asked and I rolled my eyes. So nosy.

"What are you doing up so late?" I mocked him. He exhales in a attempt to hide a laugh. Still searching the dark room, finally a shadow appeared in front of me. Sending old memories rushing back, which I immediately attempted to repress as I can't handle the guilty feelings again.

"So where are you going this late? You know Sammy would kill me if she knew I let you leave all by yourself late at night," I shrugged my shoulders. "Who's gonna tell her you let me leave, huh?" I asked, crossing my arms as my shoulders stayed propped up along my neck.

He gave an obvious chuckle which abruptly came to a stop. "I get it, you're not going to tell me where you're going. Cool, cool. Will you be safe walking so late at night?" He asked and I nodded. "Yes, I do it all the time, no biggie," I said in a huff. "Well I better get going," I said, turning around towards the front door.

"Before you do, nice homemade pipe you guys made out of a soda can," he said and I could hear the devilish smirk in his voice.

My face burned, like he lit it on fire. Thank goodness it was dark in here, because if he seen how red my face was, I'd be double more times embarrassed. I quietly huffed and shook his words off with a fake laugh, "you know me, I love that soda," I said opening the door.

I heard him shift himself with a small hidden muffled laughed, which made me feel like I was getting made fun off, which I was and I hated. "Well . . goodbye!" I said in a whispering shout, before I shut it behind me, speed walking off to find my way to Janet's house. I took a deep breath, feeling my chest tightened up with every inhale and exhale. During the walk to see my dad, I felt anxious, I didn't know what to expect, but at the same time my expectation's were high for our meeting, but why at twelve in the morning?