Chapter 26 • Whiskey Way

Janie didn't speak much on the subject of her and Sammy which had me confused on what they could possibly be fighting about, but I didn't press her about it as we just went to bed and the day had passed. Janie planned on spending another night with me as her mother notified she'd be working an overnight shift again and I definitely wasn't arguing on that. So we had to go get her clothes from her house.

It was around five already, as Janie and I just lounged around most of the day. "Stephen?" Janie questioned, making me turn over to her and raise an eyebrow.

"Hm? What's up, doll face?" I asked, leaning a hand over to her, pulling at her waist, making her jump in her seat as she was ticklish there.

I smiled at the sight and turned back to the road. "Thank you for letting me spend another night and driving me to get some clothes," she thanked me, as if I didn't want her spending the night. But I did, I loved when she spent the night with me. I loved just being around her.

I glanced back over to her, meeting the sight of her staring straight ahead. Fuck, she was gorgeous and she had no idea of how beautiful she was or how badly I wanted her. "Janie, you really don't need to thank me on stuff like that," I reassured, peering back to the road as I turned into her neighborhood.

She stayed silent, taking my words in with a soft, sweet nod. I parked in the front of her house, seeing her mothers car gone so I unbuckled my seatbelt, planning on going in with her. We got out of the car, making me lock it behind us as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. I gave her a small kiss on her forehead, making her smile at my actions as she looked into the purse strapped on, grabbing her house keys. She opened the door and jokingly bowed down, "gentlemen first."

I playfully rolled my eyes at her and let out a soft chuckle to her words. She shut the door behind us, her eyes glancing around the house, making her quickly grab my hand and force me up to her room, allowing me no time to look at what she was looking at. "Everything okay?" I asked, as her hand dropped from mine to grab a little bag.

"Mhm," she nodded her head with a hum, not convincing me very well. "Are you sure?" I questioned, leaning against her doorframe, making her turn to me with a soft little nod.

"Positive Stephen," she slightly gave a smile that quickly fell as she turned from me to open up her dresser. I pushed myself off the wall, coming up behind her as I peered over her shoulder to see into the drawer she had opened.

"Which ones are you bringing?" I asked, as my eyes met her undergarments. "Which ones are you wanting me to bring, Stephen?" She laughed at my hovering, making me poke my tongue against my cheek in debate.

"Well I'd hope you'd bring either those red ones or the peach ones I got you," I confessed with a grin, making her grab both of them and put them in her bag. I smirked at the fact she brought both of them and just as I assumed she'd close the drawer, instead she grabbed a bright pink bra, making my eyebrows furrow at the sight.

"What are you doing?" I asked her, bringing my hands to her waist, making her shut her drawer and turn around, my hands still in place.

"I have to put a bra on," she admitted to me, making me grab it from her hands. "Let me," I whispered, making her tilt her head at me.

"I can do it myself Stephen, you don't need to-," she went to try and tell me, making me shake my head and interrupt her.

"No, let me do it, doll." I demanded, making her finally give in.

"Where'd you get this from?" I asked her, as she turned around, making me take her shirt off for her, not daring to look at her breasts as I wanted to be respectful for her.