26

Whelving Warmth
Chapter 26

R-18

"Why did you propose to somebody else then?"

"Seryosong tanong ba 'yan?" he asked, slightly irritated. He reacts like he was asked the most ridiculous question in the world. Kumunot lalo ang noo niya ng tumango ako. Binababa niya ang kamay niya ngunit nanatili itong nakahawak sa akin kaya nadala niya rin yung kamay ko. "You think I can propose to somebody else? Dummy."

"Excuse me, did you just call me dummy?" I tried to remove my hand from his grasp but he just won't let me.

"Totoo naman! Sino bang niyaya ko ng kasal?"

"Ako?" I asked. I even pointed at myself.

"Oo! I was referring to you that time, you idiot!" he rolled his eyes. Aba!

"Well, how would I know? I didn't hear anything from you for five years! Malay ko ba kung may nakilala ka ng iba tas nagpropose ka rin!"

He pursed his lips and shook his head. Hindi makapaniwala sa sinabi ko. I pouted.

Nagulat ako ng bigla siyang humiga sa buhanginan. Binitiwan na siya ang kamay ko. Sinundan ko siya ng tingin. He used his own hand as his pillow. His toned chest was slightly revealed because of his sudden movement, bukas rin kasi ang ilan sa butones niya.

"I met a lot of people in the span of five years, but it's still you that I want." he uttered with his eyes closed. "Kahit gaano pa siguro karaming tao makilala ko, wala pa ring magbabago. Sayo pa rin ako."

My lips parted while looking at him. Halos lumabas na ang puso ko sa dibdib ko dahil sa sobrang bilis ng tibok nito.

"Theo," I called out his name, not knowing what else to say. It was just so overwhelming. Is he even for real?

Nanatili lang siya sa pwesto niya, nakapikit pa rin.

Parang may sariling utak ang kamay ko at naglandas papunta sa buhok niya. I played with his hair like I used to before. He smiled slyly because of what I did. Napangiti rin tuloy ako. He's like that for a while that I thought he's already sleeping.

Babawiin ko na dapat ang kamay ko ng bigla niya itong hinuli. He rest my hand in his chest with his hand above mine. My eyes widen with how fast his heart is beating.

It was so fast! Akala ko mabilis na yung sakin pero parang mas mabilis pa yung sa kanya!

"I still love you." I held my breath when he opened his eyes. There was so much emotions in his brown eyes. "Always, Sariah. Always. I love you so much."

He sat down but he didn't remove my hand from it's place. "I wish I can tell you how much I love you, but I guess words will never be enough."

We stared at each other. He licked his lower lip. I know that he was in a dillema. He inhaled hard and reached for his can of beer. He drank straightly everything that's left inside.

Then after, he hold my cheek and settled with kissing the top of my head. Tumayo na siya.

He offered his hand to me, "Pahinga na tayo?" His smile beamed when I accepted his hand. He walked me to my room before going to his.

I woke up with in a light mood that day. Nagulat pa ko nang makita ang sarili kong nakangiti pagkatingin sa salamin right after I took a bath.

"Oh my god, Sadie! You're not a teenager anymore. Stop smiling like a fool!" sermon ko sa sarili ko. Para akong teenager na kinikilig pa rin kasi umamin sakin yung crush ko!

I bit my lower lip to stop myself from smiling when I remembered how Theo said he still loves me yesterday.

"Damn it, Theo. You still have the same effect to me."