06

Whelving Warmth
Chapter 06

To: Ysabella Suarez

Hi Ysa! Can you go to Ash's condo? He is sick. Can you take care of him?

I sighed after sending the message to Ysabella.

Ysa might already know about Ashton's condition. Baka nga nasa condo na siya. But I still send her a message just to make sure na hindi maiiwan mag-isa sa condo niya si Ashton ngayon.

Should I text Ashton also? Say sorry atleast?

Napailing ako sa naisip na ideya. I shouldn't do that. He'll appreciate it more kung lalayo nalang ako sa kanya.

Hindi pa rin lubos na nagsisink in sakin yung sinabi niya. I can't understand why my mother did that.

My mother died because of leukemia. Si Tita Leah lang ang may alam ng tunay na condition dati ni mommy noon.

She hid her condition during its early stage to my father. Tita Leah said that mommy didn't tell it to daddy purposedly because she was scared that he will push her to undergo medications.

I was already in her womb during that time and she chose my safety over her chance to be healed.

After giving birth to me, tsaka pa lang nalaman ni Daddy. My mother started taking medications for her condition but her body is not responding to any of it. She died fighting.

Yung buong panahon na 'yon, Tita Leah was there for her. They were almost like sisters. Wala kasing kapatid si Mommy. Si tita Leah yung tumayong kapatid para sa kanya.

Si Tita Leah yung nagbabantay sa akin kapag nasa ospital si mommy at daddy para magpagamot.

Si Tita Leah yung nagpatatag kay mommy every time she's losing hope na gagaling pa siya.

Si Tita Leah yung nagpalakas ng loob ni daddy at nagsabing huwag sukuan si mommy when they were in the verge of giving up because of the situation.

She was able to do that for us even though she have her own family.

When my mother died, my father will always tell me how wonderful she is. He said that my mother is the most courageous, kindest and sweetest girl he have ever met.

Tita Leah also made sure that mommy is alive in my memories. She would tell me every moments she spent with my mother simula nang magkakilala sila. She told me how happy my mother was when she learned about me, how my mother is there for her everytime that she's having struggles with her marriage life.

Tita Leah and mom's relationship is really tight.

Kaya hindi ko rin maintindihan kung bakit nagawa yun ni mommy kay Tita Leah. They tell everything to each other. Kaya bakit tinago ni mommy yung nalalaman niya ng ilang taon?

Mommy hid something that literally took Tita Leah's life.

And knowing about it, I can't help to feel really guilty.

Tita Leah have been good to our family. Too good. When we didn't deserve any of it.

Hindi ko na rin masisi si Ashton kung bakit siya naging ganon sakin.

Wala pa siguro lahat ng 'to nang malaman niya yung katotohanan.

"Iha, kumain ka na muna ng tanghalian"

I was staring in my room's ceiling nang kumatok si Manang Fely.

Tumayo ako para tignan muna ang itsura sa salamin.

I looked like a mess.

Magang-maga yung mata ko mula sa pag-iyak kanina. Hanggang sa pag-uwi ko ay patuloy pa rin ang pagpatak ng mga luha ko.