09

Whelving Warmth
Chapter 09

"I got uno in both Dev Econ and Financial Management," I proudly said after answering the call.

[Weh? Ang galing ko naman magturo!] I can't help but to roll my eyes with Theo's reaction.

From my peripheral view, I can see Yvette smilling at me. We're together in Gonzaga for vacant. Niyaya niya ko dahil may ikwekwento raw siya and she wants to eat while talking.

Theo called me after receiving my message telling him my midterm grade. I was so happy with my grades, I didn't expect that it would be that high. That's why I shared it to him.

But of course, I told it to my dad first.

He was so proud. He told me not to go in the office today as my reward. He promised that we're going to dine outside tomorrow since he's not available today.

"Taking all the credit, aren't you?"

[Just admit it. I was a big help] mayabang niyang sabi.

Napailing ako. Ano pa bang ineexpect ko dito kay Theo?

He only knows two things: to boast and to annoy.

"Are you free later?" narinig kong nasamid si Yvette kaya napatingin ako sa kanya.

"Don't mind me. I'm fine," she used her hand to signal me to just continue talking to Theo. She quickly reached for her hydroflask to drink water.

[Si Yvette ba yun?] natatawang tanong ni Theo.

I extend my hand to Yvette's direction. I heard him greeting Yvette.

"Hi Theo! Thank you for teaching Sadie. Sana all may teacher," she laughed. Theo was also laughing in the other line.

"So?" I asked him again after putting the phone back to my ear.

[Date ba 'to?]

I was flustered with what he said. "Of course not! Babawi lang ako," I said slightly panicking.

It's not a date! I'm just going to thank him personally for doing me a favor.

[Bakit ka kinakabahan? Edi hindi date.]

I faked a cough, "Just answer, are you G or not?"

[Seven pa tapos ng last class ko. Is that fine with you?]

I agreed. We talked about the details where we'll meet and had a short chitchat before I end the call.

We agreed to meet in Power Plant again. Malapit sa company namin, magpapakita ako kay Dad after. I'm just going to check how is he doing.

"Sadie, I didn't know that you are that quick," natatawang sabi ni Yvette.

Nagtataka ko siyang tinignan.

"C'mon my friend, what's the thing between you and Theo?"

This time, ako naman yung nasamid sa sinabi niya.

"We're not a thing," I said after drinking water, "I treat him just like how I treat you."

"You mean you treat him as a friend," she beamed. She's always like that, trying to make me say that she's my friend. She told me that it's her next goal.

"Whatever you call it in your dictionary," I answered.

"I thought he likes you, though," she commented. Nagpatuloy na rin siya ng pagkain ng chicken niya.

Napaisip ako sa sinabi niya.

I don't think Theo likes me. He told me before that I'm his friend. I believe that it's the reason why he's like that to me.