03

Whelving Warmth
Chapter 03

I was twelve when I first learned about my planned marriage with Ash, he was fifteen during that time.

I was well aware that it's sort of a tradition in my family. My mom married my dad for business too but they learned to love each other. Kaya umasa rin ako na magiging ganoon kami ni Ash.

He is the son of my mother's bestfriend, Tita Leah.

Sabi ni Daddy when tita Leah learned about my mother's condition, she promised that she would be the mother figure for me. She was also the one who decided that I should marry one of her sons so that I can really be her daughter.

I remembered her telling me that she wants to see me walking in the aisle for his son. Pero hindi na magkakatotoo yun, namatay na rin kasi siya.

I lost my mom when I was three and I lost tita Leah when I was ten.

The promised that I would marry one of her sons remained.

Ashton is the second born of the Cordellos. He was the one to inherit their construction company kaya siya yung napagkasundo sa akin. The marriage would benefit both families since we are into real estate and hotels.

He was really nice to me when we were younger.

We used to attend the same school. Every breaktime, he'll wait for me so we can eat together.

Sa mga Cordello kasi, siya yung malapit sa age ko. They all treat me as their sister because they still don't have their own during that time. And I also see them as my brothers, except for Ash.

I admire that guy more than I should.

I thought he likes me too.

His brothers used to tell me that Ash likes me. I was too ashamed to confront him during that time because I'm still too young.

But the incident happened, his mom died.

It was hard for them to accept it. It was too sudden. I grieved too, mas madami pang panahon ang kasama ko siya kesa kay mommy and daddy.

Tita Leah loved me as her own and I love her with all my heart too.

Hindi ko na nakausap ng maayos si Ashton after non, kahit si kuya Ali at Yno.

My dad said that I should not force myself into them because they are still grieving. But what I don't comprehend is why he needs to transfer me in another school.

He said that I would understand it when I get older.

Years have passed nang magkita ulit kami ni Ash.

They visited us in our house and noon sinabi ni Daddy at ni tito yung about sa engagement namin. I can still remember how thrilled I am when I learned about it.

In the age of twelve, I know that there is no other man for me but Ash.

I thought babalik na kami sa dati, pero mali pala ako, mas lalo siyang lumayo sa akin.

"Sadie, I like you too but I don't want to be with you," that's what he said when I confessed my feeling to him when I was fourteen.

It confused me.

I don't know if I should be happy or I should be sad with what he said.

If he likes me, why don't he want to be with me?

Ever since that day, mas naging magulo pa siya lalo.

He would randomly visit me in my school sometimes but he would leave my messages on read. There were times that he would give me gifts. Minsan, niyaya niya pa ko sa labas pero kapag naandon na ako lang naman yung nagsasalita samin.