18

Whelving Warmth
Chapter 18

"My gosh, I can't feel my butt anymore"

After seven hours of drive, we are finally here in Theo's hometown, Bolinao, Pangasinan. I looked around and smiled widely. So, this is where he grew up, huh?

"Let's eat first before you meet up with Theo, ha? I'm so hungry!" sabi niya habang naglalakad papasok sa resort. "Tomorrow nalang tayo sa resto ng mom ni Theo. If we push going there now, I might faint!" she exagerrated.

Natatawa ko siyang niyakap, "Thank you Yvette, you're the best bestfriend," paglalambing ko sa kanya.

She rolled her eyes but she hugged me back, "Yes, I'm really the best! I even booked a seperate room so you can have privacy, in case Theo-"

Tinakpan ko yung bibig, "We're not!" kontra ko sa kanya.

"Sadz! I'm hungry but I don't want to eat your hand! And why are you turning red? I'm not even saying anything!" natatawa niyang asar.

After eating, we went to our rooms to fix our things. Konti lang naman dala namin since saglit lang kami dito.

Napag-usapan namin ni Yvette na we'll go out at nine to swim in the resort's pool. We're going to rest first. She's probably sleeping in her room right now.

I decided to finally turn on my phone to contact Theo. Pinatay ko kasi kanina, Theo kept on calling me kasi, I'm afraid that I might spoil the surprise.

It only took two rings for him to answer the call.

[Buti naiisipan mo pa tumawag. I thought you already forgot about me.] Parang siyang nagtatampong bata sa pagkakasabi.

"Hey, I don't!" natatawa kong sabi. "You're in your mom's resto now?"

[Yeah. Pero magpapaalam na ko na uuwi na ko. Videocall tayo, baby. Namiss kita.]

"I miss you too but the videocall is not needed anymore," I giggled, "I'm here in Bolinao," I told him the name of the resort we're staying at.

[Weh ba? Kapag ikaw pinuntahan ko dyan ngayon tapos wala ka, tatadtadin kita ng halik 'pag nagkita tayo sa Manila] He doesn't sound convinced.

I can't help but to roll my eyes, "Why not go here, so you can do that now?"

He chuckled. [Yon! Okay, I'm going there. Love you, Sariah.]

"Take care," binaba ko na ang tawag. I went down the lobby to wait for him.

I saw how his eyes shined when he saw me, "Gago, tunay nga," He was wearing a black tank top and blue shorts. His muscles are on its right places.

I went towards him and he welcomed me with a hug, "Advance happy birthday, baby," I tiptoed to kiss him.

"Thank you," bulong niya sa akin habang nakayakap sa akin ng mahigpit.

We went to the beachside of the resort to watch the sunset. Umupo kami sa pinong buhanginan, doon kami nag-usap. He asked me so many questions. Hindi pa rin siya makapaniwala kung paano ako napunta dito.

I leaned on his chest and he put his arm around me.

"I never know that sunsets could be as beautiful as this," I said while looking at the photo I took earlier. The sun is disappearing along the horizon. I was in awe earlier because of the mixture of pinks, blues and violets in the sky. It looked like a real-life painting. I brush my finger in the photo, pretending that I was painting it. "And you grew up seeing this. Wow, I envy you!"

He chuckled and tucked my hair behind my ear, "It's even more beautiful now because I watched it with you."

I pursed my lips to hide my smile, "So really good with words! How many girls did you won over because of that?"