19

Whelving Warmth
Chapter 19

R-18

"Congratulations, Atty. Acuesta!"

Tumawa siya bago ako inakbayan, "Bar muna, baby. Kapag nakapasa na, saka pa lang ako magiging attorney"

He fetched me in our house today, niyaya niya kong pumunta sa orphanage dahil magpapakain daw siya as celebration for his graduation.

Yes, my attorney is going to graduate tomorrow!

Theo told me last time that I look more excited than him. But I can't help it, I'm just so proud!

I witnessed all his hardships in his last term in law school. The sleepless nights. The times wherein he forgot eating. All because he was so devoted in studying.

And now, his hardwork is about to be payed off. Konting-konti nalang!

"Ganon na rin yun! I know you're going to pass the bar in one take," masaya kong sabi sa kanya.

He chuckled, "Sana."

Napanguso ako, "What 'sana'? You're really going to pass! I'll take care of you while you're preparing for boards. You don't have to think of anything else"

Nanatili siyang nakikinig sa akin.

"You're about to reach your dream, baby! For now, go get that 'atty' in your name. Then years after, you'll be the best public attorney in this country!" I cheered.

I believe that Theo would be a great attorney in the future. He's hardworking, passionate and his intention for pursuing law is genuine! The country needs more people like him!

He smile widen because of what I said. "Achieving those with you is my dream now"

Napangiti naman ako sa sinabi niya, "Let's make that come true. Let's achieve our dreams together." He nodded and kissed the top of my head.

I don't think I can do it without Theo. He's the one who made me realize that I can dream too. He believed in me when I didn't believe in myself. He pushed me to my fullest potential when I'm in doubt of myself.

He's my number one supporter.

I want to achive more things with him, because of him.

The kids were so happy when we arrived. He was so busy in the past months that he wasn't able to visit them. For sure, the kids missed him.

"They really love you," sabi ko sa kanya ng lumapit siya sa akin. He went behind the swing I'm sitting in to sway it.

"Mahal ko rin naman silang lahat. Kaya nga sa bawat accomplishment ko, hindi ko sila kinakalimutan."

That was so nice to hear. Theo is one of the most kind hearted guy I met. I'm so blessed that he's became a part of my life.

Nilingon ko siya, "Do you have plans to adopt in the future?"

He sighed and sat in the swing next to me. Tinanaw niya yung mga batang lalaro sa bakuran.

"I want to. Pero hindi ko naman sila pwedeng ampunin lahat, diba?" he let out a chuckle, "I want to give back all the love that I am receiving to them," nanatili ang tingin niya sa mga bata.

I listened to him attentively.

"Kung pwede lang, I want to keep them here. Aalagaan ko nalang sila dito. Pero hindi pwede. Kasi dadating din talaga yung araw na may kukuha sa kanila."

A small smile formed in his lips, "But I'm happy for them kapag naampon sila. Hindi naman sila basta-basta pinapamigay nila Sister. They consider the kid's opinion. It makes me at ease that the people they chose is someone that can take care of them and love them more than we do."