Part 39

It's 3 in the morning on December 31st. Darshan comes home from the airport and goes straight to the bed beside Jaimi. He hugs Jaimi from behind and falls asleep after a few minutes.

It's 8 in the morning now. Jaimi wakes up and finds herself caged in his arms. She tries to get out of his grip but he pulls her into him more and tightens his grip around her. He brushes his nose against the back of her neck sending a shock down her spine.

Jaimi: D... Darshan... let... me... go... please.

Darshan: No! Stay like this. It feels good.

Jaimi: Please!

Darshan: You don't have to go to work for a week so sleep with me. I like this cushion of mine to be with me when I sleep. (He says it in an innocent child-like voice)

Jaimi: Now, I'm a cushion?

Darshan: You treat me like I'm a cage, so you're my cushion now.

Jaimi: When do I treat you like a cage?

Darshan: If I'm not a cage then, why do you always run away from me? Sleep or else...

Jaimi: Or else what?

Darshan: Do you really want to know?

Jaimi thinks for a minute and shook her head sideways.

Jaimi: I'm good!

Darshan: Then, sleep!

They both fall asleep after a few minutes. Darshan wakes up around 10:30 and finds Jaimi sleeping peacefully. He kisses her cheeks and goes to the bathroom. Jaimi wakes up after 15 minutes and sits up and leans against the bed back. She wears her clear migraine specs and gets her laptop from the side table. She opens her laptop and starts reading her emails as Darshan is in the bathroom. He comes out of the bathroom after another 15 minutes only in a towel. His hair is still wet and the water dripping from it falls on his muscular frames. Jaimi looks up and her eyes widen. She takes in a deep breath and exhales it slowly with her mouth shaped like an 'o'.

Darshan: Having some thoughts?

Jaimi: Uh... No. Definitely not!

Jaimi quickly closes her laptop and runs to the bathroom. Darshan wears his clothes and goes to the kitchen. He calls Esha while making breakfast.

Darshan: Good morning Esha!

Esha: Morning Bhai! Are you home?

Darshan: Yeah! Can you do me a favor?

Esha: Yes! What?

Darshan: Can you take Jaimi away from this house for about two hours?

Esha: Ok! Are you planning to give her a surprise or what?

Darshan: Yes!

Esha: What? Only if it's not that personal!

Darshan: I'm planning to take her to Bhandardara this eve and I want to plan for it but with her in the house, I can't!

Esha: No problem! I'll come to get her by 11:30.

Darshan: Thank you my Eshu! You're the best.

Esha: I know! Bye.

Darshan: Bye!

Darshan hangs up the call and finishes making breakfast. He fixes it on the dining table and goes to their bedroom to call Jaimi. He goes in and finds her standing in front of the wardrobe in just a towel. He leans on the wardrobe while standing beside her. He is just staring at her.