Part 33

Jaimi wakes up at 6 in the morning on Wednesday. She feels something on the side of her head. She looks in the direction and sees Darshan's head leading on hers. She smiles and moves her finger on his stubble. He slowly opens his eye and looks at Jaimi who is looking at him with a playful smile on her face. He hugs her tightly and closes his eyes again. She tries to get up but he tightens his grip around her. 

Jaimi: Darshan! 

Darshan: Hmm...

Jaimi: Let me go!

Darshan: No! It feels good like this. 

Jaimi: I have to get ready for work! I guess you have to as well. 

Darshan: We'll make an excuse that we're sick. 

Jaimi: Both?

Darshan: Yeah! We both caught a cold because last night was freezing. 

Jaimi: That's a very bad excuse! Doctors have to be at work regardless of ant condition so... 

Darshan: Yeah-yeah! Once a doctor, always a doctor. 

Jaimi: Now, let me go! 

Darshan: Five minutes! 

Jaimi rested her head on his shoulder again. She hugged him and he pulled the comforter over them to Jaimi's neck. Jaimi sees that the white window screen has fallen allowing the sunrays to enter the tent. She sees Aditi looking at the two through the clear window screen. Jaimi tries to get up but Darshan again tightens his grip on her. 

Jaimi: Darshan, Aditi is looking at us through the window. Let me go! 

Darshan opens his eyes and sees Aditi glaring at them. 

Darshan: I don't care!

Jaimi: Darshan, I'll be late! You can sleep more tonight. We get off of work by 7:30. 

Darshan: Fine. You get ready first.

Darshan lets go of Jaimi. She gets up and ties her hair in a bun. Aditi notices that Jaimi is wearing Darshan's shirt. Jaimi gets her clothes and goes to the bathroom. Darshan gets up from the bed and stretches. He walks to the window. Aditi waves at him with a smile. He picks up the white screen and puts it on top of the clear screen blocking the view of the inside. Jaimi comes out after 20 to 25 minutes. Then, Darshan goes and gets ready. They both go out for breakfast. They sit at the table with RK, Ayesha, Jyugal, and Esha. 

Jaimi: RK, we have to make a list of medicine needed today! 

RK: Yeah! Our departments are closed today. 

Esha: This weather is going to make us sick! 

Ayesha: Definitely! I'm going to be black as charcoal by the time we reach Mumbai. 

RK: Same! Look at Jaimi, she hasn't even got a tan yet. 

Jaimi: Because I was in the tent mostly all day except for a few minutes. 

Ayesha: Isn't Jaimi glowing since Darshan's birthday? (She asks in a teasing tone.)

Darshan and Jaimi look at each other and blush. They turn red due to embarrassment. 

Esha: I've noticed that too!

Jaimi: Yeah! That means the facial in the spa worked. 

Darshan and Jaimi chuckle at their disappointed faces. They finish their breakfast and get to work. Jaimi and RK finish up their work by 2 in the afternoon. The two come out of the tent and see Darshan and Jyugal playing cricket with little kids. She notices Aditi standing near Darshan and looking at him.