Part 12

It's 8 in the evening

It's 8 in the evening. Pandit ji calls for the bride. The bride walks down the aisle. The bride has a long veil that is covering her face. Just when the bride is about to take a step on the mandap, Darshan holds his hand out for help. The bride holds his hand and climbs on to the mandap. Pandit ji starts chanting mantras. After some time, the bride and groom rise for the vows. After the vows, Darshan ties the mangalsutra around the bride's neck. Then, he applies Vermilion on her forehead. The marriage is concluded. Everyone rises from their seat and claps. The couple takes Pandit ji's and elder's blessings. The guests climb on the mandap one by one and congratulate the couple. It's around 10 at night now. The guests retire from the venue after dinner. Rajendra Uncle, Esha, Esha's parents, Aditi's parents, Aditi's cousin, Ayesha, Meera, Jyugal, Hardik, and Naushad are the only ones left at the venue along with the couple. 

AM(Aditi's Mom): Darshan, please take care of my daughter! 

Darshan: Yes aunty! 

AM: Don't call me aunty, call me mom! 

Darshan: Ok! 

Paras runs to where Ayesha, Meera, Esha, and Rajendra Uncle are standing. He is shocked to see that the marriage is completed. He nods his head in no towards them. Everyone notices that. 

Jyugal: Uncle, is there a problem?

RU: Um... uh... 

RK comes into the venue and walks to where all are standing with the police. He also has a shocked expression on his face upon seeing the bride and groom. The police officers look at RK and then, at the couple. The others are looking at each other in confusion.

Darshan: What is going on? Why is the police here?

AM: What is going on?

Esha: Bhai... uh... 

Someone claps from behind. Everyone turns around to see who's clapping. Everyone's eye widens as they see the person's face. 

Person: Congratulations on your wedding, Darshan! 

Darshan: What're you doing there?

Everyone's eyes lands on Ishika who the person is holding in their arm. Ishika is crying badly. Paras, Ayesha, Meera, RK, and Esha run to where the person is standing with Ishika. Paras snatches Ishika from that person's arms. He takes Ishika in his arms and tries to console her. 

Paras: Ishu, baby stop crying! See everyone is here. 

Ishika: I want bui! 

Paras: Ishu, bui is... um... 

Ayesha: Baby stop crying! 

Ishika continues to cry. Her eyes are red due to all the crying. 

RK: I'll take her out to divert her attention!

Meera: I'll come with you! 

Paras hands Ishika over to Meera. Ishika clutches to Ayesha's dress. RK talks to the police then, Meera and him go out of the venue to the nearby ice cream parlor. 

Darshan: Will someone tell me what the hell is going on?

Jyugal: Why was Ishika crying?

Hardik: Why is the police here?

The police goes to that person and one of the officers handcuff that person. 

Police: Ms. Aditi Bhatia you're arrested!

AM: Why are you arresting my daughter? You should arrest this person who is dressed up as my daughter! 

Police: We're arresting her because an FIR has been filed against her!

AC(Aditi's cousin): Who filed it? And why?

Paras: I did!

AC: For what?

Paras: Why don't you ask your cousin that question? She'll answer that better than me!

AC: Why did you file an FIR? Aren't you Aditi's friend?

Paras: I was! But after what she did today, No!

AM: Who is this person dressed up as the bride?

Darshan's attention turns to the person beside him. He looks at the person in a bewildered state. He removes the veil that is covering the person's face. Darshan gets shocked upon seeing the face. It's Jaimi! He sees that she's crying.

Darshan: Jaimi, what are you doing here?

AM: What are you doing in my daughter's place? Police, arrest her!

Aditi's Mom walks to Jaimi and is about to slap her but Rajendra Uncle's voice stops her. 

RU: Don't dare to do that!

AM: What are you saying? She took my daughter's place and married Darshan by betrayal but you're defending her!

RU: I knew that Jaimi is getting married to Darshan!

Darshan: What?

AM: So that was your planning to put this girl in Aditi's place? If you didn't like her then, you could've said that before. This marriage would've never happened! 

RU: It was not my plan! I had no problems with Aditi being my daughter-in-law. 

Jyugal: What is going on here? Why did Jaimi get married to Darshan? Why is Aditi arrested? Why was Ishika crying?

Esha: I'll tell you Bhai! 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Wait, Jaimi just got married to Darshan! Why? How will Darshan react to this after knowing the whole truth? Why is Aditi arrested? Are you guys ready for the flashback?

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts. ~Jahan💖