Part 17

It's 6 in the evening on Saturday 26th. Neel arrives at Jaimi's house. Ayesha, Meera, and Neel are chatting in the living room while Jaimi is working on her laptop in the office. After a few minutes, the bell rings. Ayesha gets up and opens the door. She sees its Darshan, Rajendra Uncle, Esha, Jyugal, and Esha's parents. She lets them in and leads them to the living room. They all sit in the living room while Meera comes back with a tray of water for everyone. 

EM: You three have such a beautiful house!

Ayesha/Meera: Thank you!

Esha: Where is Jaimi?

Ayesha: She's

Before Aysha could finish, Jaimi came out of her room while she's on the call with someone. She cuts the call after a minute and walks to them. She sits across from Darshan. 

RU: How are you beta?

Jaimi: I'm good uncle!

Neel: Shall we start the proceeding?

Jaimi nods her head. Darshan looks at her and starts sweating. Neel takes out some paper from his bag. Darshan starts to twiddle his thumbs. Jyugal looks at him with a questioning look while he reciprocates with a nod in no. 

Darshan: (In Mind: Why am I feeling so nervous? Why am I so scared of this divorce? I should've known that the divorce would happen. I don't want her to leave my life like this. I feel like I'm going to have an anxiety attack thinking about this divorce and what will happen after it.

Neel: So there's a condition placed by the court before your twos divorce!

Jaimi: And what is that?

Neel: You two have to stay together for 3 months before your divorce and give your relationship a chance.

Jaimi/Darshan: What? (Jaimi says it in a surprised-serious tone while Darshan says it in excited tone) 

There's a smile on Darshan's face. Jyugal elbows him and whispers into his ear "Control your happiness." Darshan stiffens a bit and hides his smile behind his blank expression. 

Jaimi: I remember the last time we talked you said we'll get the divorce on our first date in the court due to the conditions in which our marriage took place. Then, where did these three months come from?

Neel: I thought that would happen but the judge said you two have to live together for 3 months. You two have to sign these papers before the 3 months live in. 

Jaimi goes into deep thoughts. Darshan looks around to see that everyone's face has a smile except Jaimi's. He pinches himself to make sure he's not dreaming like he was in Delhi. 

RU: Jaimi, why don't you and Darshan talk to each other to conclude what to do.  

Neel: One other thing before you two decide, that this is the only way to get you divorce quickly. The other way is that you two have to stay away from each other and your marriage wouldn't be valid after 5 years. 

RU: You guys decide keeping what he said in mind. 

Jaimi and Darshan nod their head. Jaimi gets up and walks towards her room. Darshan follows her. He takes off his glasses. They go into her room and go to the balcony.