Chapter 7 ~

Chapter 7 ~

Luke's pov

"Well, we should be getting back to the hotel," I say.

"Yeah, we should. Shouldn't we?" Taylor says, as we begin to make our way back.

"Yep..."

I'm so glad that she agreed on letting me take her out, even though she has a boyfriend. Which pretty much bites. I know that I should have seen it coming but my head was in the clouds. Maybe, one day, she'll be mine... But obviously that's not going to happen. She seems committed to being with her boyfriend. Cheating is probably the last thing on her mind. And I don't blame her.

It gets really quiet, and the silence is killing me. The only noise -and I kid you not- are crickets. And I can here her breathing.

"It was fun hanging out with you," Taylor says, breaking the deathly silence, as we're walking down the street. Back to the hotel we're currently staying at.

"Yeah-"

"OH. MY. GOD. IT'S LUKE HEMMINGS!!" Someone yells in a high-pitched scream. Taylor's head whips around to the scream, as does mine. We see a group of girls run toward us, and I feel a small hand, grab my slightly larger one. I'm about to question what she's doing, but then I see the fear in her eyes. Why is she scared? They're not going to hurt her. And if they tried, which obviously they wouldn't, I would protect her. But she looks so terrified.

"Let's go," she says, and takes off running. Me right behind her.

We run for about a block or two, halfway towards the hotel, when I see am alleyway and pull her into it.

Panting, I say out of breath, "Why did you take off running like that?"

She answers once she finally catches her breath as well. "Because... Idon'tlikebeinginthemiddleofbigcrowds."

She says it so fast that I don't even get part of what she said.

"What?" I ask, hoping to be able to understand her more clearly.

"I said... I don't like being in the middle of big crowds... I get scared, and then I can't breathe," she says.

"Well, it's not like they're just gonna close up on you," I say nonchalantly. "All they want is an autograph or some pictures."

"I know... It just scares me... Being the center of attention... I'm not used to that..."

"Yeah, it's not that fun at first, but you'll get used to it... Trust me."

"Okay... I'll trust you on this," she says. "But one thing."

"Yeah, what is it?"

"You're a bit too close," she says, and I realize that I am.

I had her pressed up against the brick wall... Oops... I didn't realize that...

"Sorry," I say. Noe I'm completely embarrassed.

"It's okay," she says biting her lip.

Damn...

"We need to go," she says. "It's almost nine o'clock."

"Yeah."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Truth or dare?" Michael asks Taylor.

Yep... We're playing truth or dare... And it hasn't been all that pretty so far. Especially since Calum had to do a strip tease, which wasn't all that bad... But I had to lick peanut butter off of Ashton's face... Everyone else thought that it was funny, but I didn't think so. And Ashton giggled and said, "Luke stop it! That tickles!" Like what the hell?! That's gross!