Chapter 20 ~

Chapter 20 ~

Taylor's pov

"What could possibly be more important than wifi?!" Alia asks, and I begin to believe she's finally lost it.

"Definitely this," Mandy says, and by the look on her face, she's dead serious.

"What? Did Calum let one of the boys borrow my book and now it's ruined? Oh, I'll kill 'em," she says walking toward the kitchen, but Mandy stops her.

"No, they didn't mess with your books, Alia, it's far more worse than that."

"What could be more worse than my books being ruined?" Alia asks, getting offensive.

"This is trust me," Mandy says.

"Then tell us what is, because you're scaring me," Amber says to Mandy.

"Shut up, Amber. I was just about to tell you," Mandy says, giving the sass. In return, Amber makes a face at her. "So, I was walking into the kitchen and obviously making my way to the other room where the boys were. Well, I stopped to get an apple, because I'm hungry- anyways, as I go to walk into the the room where they're at, I bite into my apple, and as I do I hear Calum mention something about a bet. So I decided to be a little nosey, and listen to what they had to say-"

"A bet? What was the bet?!" I ask.

"Shhh!" Mandy says, and puts a hand over my mouth, silencing me. "Don't talk so loud, or they'll hear you."

Her hands still over my mouth, I say a muffled sorry and she removes them.

"Ew you spit on me," she says, disgusted.

"Well you put your hand over my mouth," I shrug.

"Where was I? Oh yeah, they were talking about a bet, and I heard Taylor's name in the conversation."

"What?" I ask, and I feel my face go pale.

"Yeah, Calum said something about how Luke was getting ahead or something? The boys were chewing Luke out, and they sounded extremely pissed off at him." She says, giving me a look of sympathy. "I'm really sorry, Taylor. It may not be true, but that's what I heard."

"I can't believe this," Amber says.

"I'm going to kill him," Alia says, trying to make another attempt at walking through the kitchen to get to the boys, but is stopped again.

"I told you, I may have just heard it wrong. Let's just wait, don't jump to conclusions," Mandy says.

"Let Taylor decide, she was mentioned," Amber suggests, and the three look at me.

I shrug, lost for words right now.

"Let's just wait like Mandy said," I spoke after a good while of silence.

"Are you sure?" Alia asks me, and I just nod.

"Yeah," I quietly say.

"If you change your mind, we can beat the shit out of him," Amber says. "Or all of them?"

"Okay, hey im gonna go unpack," I say leaving the room. As soon as I get to the room I'm temporarily staying in, I lock the door and put my headphones in, drowning out the world.

I Just Wanna Run by The Downtown Function, blasts through my headphones and I sit down on the floor.

A bet? What kind of bet would involve me? There's nothing that he could possibly make a bet on, and it involve me.

I sit in my room for an hour or two, I didn't keep track of how long I stayed seated on the bedroom floor. I just let the music take me away from reality for a while. Mainly to get my thoughts together, and drift into another world. It isn't that hard ignoring the rest of the world, it's actually quite simple if you don't let all of your problems get to you at once.

I hear my name in muffled voices on the other side of my door, but I choose to ignore them. I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone right now. And if I did want to talk to someone, it would be Luke. Because I want to know what this bet is all about. And I still don't see how it could even involve me. I'm just a southern girl from a small town, that isn't well known at all, who's a bassist in a band with her 3 best friends, and shows people pictures of her cats.

Which I don't get to do often anymore because I haven't seen my cats in a while. I have 3 cats, and they're all my babies. But my main baby is my actual cat, Kay. I mainly show people pictures of her, and if it's not Kay that I'm showing off, then it's one of the other two cats. CC and Prancer, CC is my little sister's cat and Prancer is my mom's. I every now and then, show people pictures of my dog. Whom has been my best friend for a very long time.

"Taylor!" I hear once again, and this time it's not muffled. I look up to see Luke standing in the doorway. I pick up my phone and instead of pausing the music I turn it up even louder than before. I'm okay with talking to him, but I still haven't figured out how I'm going to approach the matter to him. Which it may not even be about me. It may be about some other Taylor. Like, Taylor Momsen or Taylor Marie Hill or even Taylor Lautner. I don't see how the first two Taylor's could be involved, but Taylor Lautner could have made a bet with Luke and Luke was somehow winning?

I feel my head phones being pulled out of my ears and I don't do anything to stop Luke. I should at least ask him, instead of being upset with him.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks me for about the millionth time today.

"Yeah, why?" I ask, sounding rude.

"I was just asking," Luke says sitting next to me on the floor. "So, what have you been thinking about?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"You looked like you were concentrating on something very important or thinking really hard about something," he says.

"Just about life, really," I say, lying just a little.

"Really? What exactly about life are you wondering about?" He prods.

"Oh, you know? Like when people keep things from you, but then you eventually find out."

"Really? That's what you've been thinking about for the past two hours?" He asks me, moving a strand of hair out of my face that
I was just going to leave there.

"Yep... And two hours? How would you know that I've been in here for two hours? Have you been stalking me?" I question, trying my best to keep a straight face.

He lets out a laugh, "No your friends told the boys and I that. I haven't been stalking you, I'm not a stalker."

"Or are you?" I joke, raising my eyebrow at him.

"Trust me, I'm not," he laughs.

"Okay."

"Yeah."

For a second there I feel kind of offended. I expected him to say Okay. back, but he didn't. I guess I shouldn't even care or worry about it anyways, because that's mine and Alia's thing. We've been saying that to each other ever since the movie came out in 2014. I can't believe it's been almost 3 years, only a couple of months to go and it will be 6 years.

"Yep... Hey, can I ask you something?" I say, as I break the silence that had almost began to start.

"Sure," he says.

________________

OMG GUYS THIS IS CHAPTER 20... I CANT BELIEVE THAT IT'S CHAPTER 20 ALREADY.

So, I've been leaving you guys cliffhangers and NO ONE HAS COMMENTED :(((

I kind of thought y'all would, but OKAY. (haha see what i did there??)

So, before I update again, what do you think the bet is actually about? I want to know what you guys think.

ALSO, do you guys like the new cover for the book?¿ (look at the beginning of the chapter or to the side--->) The cover is by Disney012 , you should go check her books out and tell her that she needs to UPDATE... also you should follow her because she's awesome

And also I have an announcement to tell you guys.... THERES ONLY 10-15 CHAPTERS LEFT FOR THIS BOOK. :))) (probably only 10)