25

Harry's POV

We walked into the classroom and all sat down. Immediately, I noticed one side was designated as the Slytherin side while the other was the Gryffindor side, no one broke the trend and sat with anyone from the other house, only sticking with their own.

It was two per desk so I sat with Draco while Pansy and Blaise sat at the next desk together. We sat not quite at the front of the classroom but close enough that I'd be able to make out what Professor Snape was saying when it came to it.

Speaking of Snape, he stood at the front of the classroom, waiting for everyone to shut up and sit down. When they eventually did, he started a little speech on his expectations for the class and what he could teach us if we payed attention and genuinely took in what he taught. Honestly, it seemed such a cool subject to learn, I couldn't wait.

After the little speech, Snape took the register, when he got to my name, he stopped and gave a sharp glare to a student in the back. Weasley. It seemed he was laughing at me, I'm not entirely sure what I did to him other than tell the truth but he seemed to hate me. I didn't like it, obviously I know not everyone will like me but if they don't, I want them to have a proper reason for it, not just because I'm in a different house.

After the register, I looked over to where everyone else was. Apparently there was a disruption. Low and behold, it was Weasley, laughing with the sandy haired lad about something, not sure what. I looked to Snape to see what his reaction would be to the disturbance.

"Weasley!" He said quite quickly, "since you feel the need to not listen to a word I say, would you care to answer a few simple questions? Yes? Good. Now, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

"Err, I dunno," was the response he received.

"Hm, then where, Weasley, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

"I don't know."

"What is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

As I looked around the classroom, I noticed Hermione, stood up, hand raised as high as she could physically get it, it seemed that Ron also saw this and took advantage of the situation with a smirk.

"I don't know, sir, but it looks like Hermione does, why don't you ask her instead?"

Snape glared and sneered, "5 points from Gryffindor for your cheek and ignorance. Couldn't you have picked up a book before you arrived? If you had maybe you would've known that asphodel and wormwood making a sleeping potion, so potent that it is known as the Draught of Living Death, a bezoar is a stone taken from a goat's stomach that cures most poisons, as for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant that is also known as aconite. Well? Why aren't you all writing this down?"

With that, Weasley shut the hell up and everyone started writing down what the professor had said.

The rest of the class consisted of us taking notes off of the board which was a little boring but I'm sure it'll be much more fun actually making a potion.

The lesson went by quite quickly and before we knew it, we were on our way to Charms with Professor Flitwick.

A/N again, I'm sorry it's so short guys but I hope you liked it none the less. I hope you have a lovely morning/afternoon/evening/night wherever you are. Thank you for reading x

~~~Lissy~~~