31

Harry's POV

The month of September and most of October came to an end pretty quickly without too many mishaps. Things were relatively the same as the first few days of school, I had in fact made it onto the quidditch team, Weasley was still picking on us, Pansy still insisted on doing my hair every morning, hardly anyone knew my secret (except my friends and the teachers) and Andrew still hung out with me whenever he could, the only different thing was workload and the amount of homework we got in each class.

All of the teachers knew about me being deaf and most made it easier for me by writing almost everything on the board but some of them, like Professor Binns and Professor Quirrell didn't even though they were both hard to understand for me. Binns was a ghost so sat where I was, it was nearly impossible to see what he said whereas Quirrell had a stutter meaning half the time I had no idea what he was actually saying and my friends had to write a lot of things down twice so I could have notes. I felt bad getting them to do it but they kept assuring me that it was fine and none of them really minded.

Theo had quickly become part of our small friend group and we found out that he was actually quite smart and sensible albeit very quiet. He wasn't one to start arguments about anything but would join in if the other started it, often winning more than he lost due to quick thinking and witty comebacks.

When Halloween came around, I wasn't sure how to feel. On one hand, it was one of the days my relatives usually left me alone due to it being the anniversary of my parents dying but on the other, it was the anniversary of my parents dying fighting a dark lord while I survived with nothing but a scar. Previously I hadn't really thought much of it as my aunt had told me that my mum and dad were good for nothing drunks who tried to kill themselves and me in a car crash.

That morning I awoke before everyone in my dorm and got ready quickly before going down to the common room. I was one of the first people down there so I sat in a window seat, staring out into the deep water of the black lake where occasionally the giant squid would swim past lazily or perhaps one of the merfolk if you're lucky. I didn't notice anyone else around me until I felt a gentle touch on my shoulder, shocking me to my senses.

When I looked up, I was met with the gentle eyes of Gemma Farley, the prefect.

"Are you okay, Harry? You're up awfully early," she asked sitting down in the space facing me.

I nodded but she didn't believe me.

She gave a sad smile and spoke, "no you're not. I know what today is, and no child should ever deal with the pain of loosing their parents that early in their life. I'm here if you need to talk or have a good cry or even to scream at if it makes you feel any better. As a prefect it's my job to make sure all of the students feel happy that includes you." Throughout that, Gemma had her hand on my shoulder comfortingly but when she finished, she wrapped me in a gentle hug which at first, I froze but eventually, I found myself wrapping my arms around her in return and a small smile snuck it's way onto my face until she pulled away.

The prefect ruffled my hair and stood up. "I have to go now, Harry, but don't hesitate to find me if you need anything, okay?" At my nod, she said bye, waved and walked away.

About an hour later, my friends emerged from the dorms, Blaise spotted me first and pointed me out. Everyone walked over with smiles.

"You were up early, Har, are you okay?" Pansy asked with a concerned look.

I gave a small smile, "I've just had a lot to think about this morning."

A look of realisation dawned on all of their faces. They looked at me sheepishly and Pansy apologised for asking.

"You don't have to say sorry, Pans, it's fine. It's not like I knew them a lot. All I knew, or thought I knew, was that they died in a car crash because they were drunk and wanted to kill all three of us and that my mum's name was Lily and my dad's James, that's it. My aunt didn't get along with them very much," I told them before being pulled out of the window seat and to my feet, getting enveloped into a hug by the short haired girl. Soon, everyone else joined the hug, making me smile widely at the support from my friends.

It was great to have a group of friends who supported me instead of just one.

A/N hey guys, I hope you're all doing good and enjoyed this chapter.

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great morning/afternoon/evening/night wherever you are x

~~~Lissy~~~

Deaf-A Harry Potter storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें