10

I physically couldn't bring myself to move at that point in time. It just wasn't going to happen. That stupid scan was useless anyway, it's not like I have anything actually wrong with me, right? Even if I did, they wouldn't find out. Like, sure I have scars and everything but I deserve them. Though the Dursley's told had me that if anyone finds out anything about my home life, I'd regret it big time. Only the gods know what Uncle Vernon would do.

Snape fixed new with another stern look to which I shook my head. His lips started moving yet again so I had to pay attention even if I didn't necessarily want to.

"Potter. I have already told you multiple times to get on the bed. If you do not listen, I will put you there myself. Do I make myself clear?" He told me, looking annoyed.

Yet again I shook my head. "I'm sorry Professor, I'm sorry Madam Pomfrey, there is just no need for me to be here for this scan as nothing is wrong with me," I told them semi confidently. Once I had done with my brave words, Snape pulled me back over to the hospital bed with ease and placed me on it.

"Do not make me have to use a charm to prevent you moving, Potter," he threatened. I wiggled to get at least a little more comfortable on the bed before becoming still once again, my eyes fixed on the bed sheets. A few seconds later, I flinched as a hand gently touched my shoulder. It was Madam Pomfrey.

"Harry, I'm going to start the scan now, you might feel little pricks and tingles, it shouldn't hurt you. Make sure to stay still please," she informed me with a small smile. I nodded mutely, not wanting to answer as I watched her produce her wand and say some words I couldn't make out, probably the spell. She held her wand a few inches away from my body and slowly moved it back and forth from my head to my feet.

A few minutes later, she'd finished her spell and a scroll of parchment materialised in her hand. She unrolled the parchment and began reading with Snape looking over her shoulder. The nurse paled a little as she read the parchment while Snape's eyes showed a hint of worry. I didn't like this, not one bit.

Snape's head lifted and he looked towards me, a frown etched onto his face. "Harry, I know you didn't want to tell us anything before but now we know, how long have you been hurt like this for?" His face showed worry and I knew he just wanted to know what was going on but I chose to lie, pretend I didn't know what he was talking about.

"I- I don't know what you mean, sir," I don't think it was very convincing however as his frown deepened.

The professor sighed, "How long have you been..." he looked to struggle with his words, "how long have you been a-abused for, Harry? We need to know the full story behind your results. It's both of our duties, as your head of house and your school healer, we are obligated to file a report on your situation."

I blinked back a tear that was threatening to escape, "I-I can't remember a time it wasn't normal for this to happen to me. I always deserved what I got though. I'm... I'm a freak. I'm not normal. I deserve everything that happened." I recited what I had always been told. It's true, I'm not normal, I am just a little freak of nature who didn't deserve what little I did receive from my relatives.

Professor Snape frowned even more but something else shined in his eyes, almost like regret. But why would he be regretful about this? I brushed it off but continued observing him subtly. "Harry, no one deserves this. Ever. Especially you. You aren't a freak. You are special, born with gifts, that doesn't make you a freak. Please tell me what happens at home usually. Who- who does this," he gestures to the parchment, "to you?"

"My uncle and cousin mainly," I admitted, wanting nothing more than to hide or at least bow my head but I couldn't. "They er, they hurt me when I do things wrong. Sometimes Aunt Petunia does things but not really."

The professor gestured to where madam Pomfrey was stood, at the other side of the bed so that she could speak. "I know this may be a lot for you now, Harry, but I'm going to have to ask you if we can remove your hospital gown so we can assess your... injuries properly. If it makes you a little more comfortable, you may keep the quilt over your lower half."

I shook my head. No, they weren't seeing them. It was bad enough that they knew now but they didn't have to see. I voiced exactly that, "No. You're not seeing them. You already know enough. I'm not supposed to tell, you're not supposed to know. I'm gonna be in a lot of trouble when I get home. Uncle said I would be if anyone found out." I hung my head in shame.

They weren't seeing and that was final. I don't want them seeing. They know enough but they don't think so. What do I do? Think, Harry, think! Oh, I've made such a mess of things. What can I do?

A/n hey guys, this is written really quick. I actually only started this chapter this morning so here ya go, it's a little treat for you. Though for some reason I mighta, sorta, maybe cried at some point during the writing. If you're still reading this, what do you think Harry should do? Should he show them or yet again attempt an escape? What's your thoughts on the characters so far?
I'm trying to get these up as quick as possible for all of you, I have a bit more time right now what with lockdown and everything at the moment though I still have online schoolwork so there's that. Well, I'll try to update soon. I love you all so much. You mean the world to me.

~~~Lissy~~~