eight - dream dance

Hiccup's POV

I fixed my tie and looked at Jack, who ate a breath mint and to Eugene, who kept on checking himself out in the car mirror. We were supposed to pick up the girl's, but they were taking too long. I checked my watch. "They're taking so long," Jack groaned as he tapped his foot in frustration. "They're girls," I pointed out.

A few minutes later, the girls have walked out of Punzies house dressed in beautiful dresses. Jack had gawked at Merida, who wore a ocean blue, mini backless dress, with a gold ribbon wrapped around her waist, and gold gems spread out like stars on her upper half. She wore her blue sneaker, typical of Merida, and had her hair up into a curly ponytail. She wore natural makeup, and wore her signature smile as she ran towards Jack, hugging him as they share a cute moment.

Rapunzel wore a slim lavender laced boatneck dress which ended a bit above her ankles. Wrapped around her waist was a magenta coloured ribbon. The top part had laced from along her sleeves, and a sweetheart neckline. Her hair was tied into a long braid with flowers placed inside. Eugene approached her and couldn't help but kiss her. "Really man?" Jack asked, feeling the urge to kiss his girl too, but not pushing it. "What?" Eugene laughed as he and Rapunzel hug.

Elsa came out looking as beautiful as I've ever seen her—not saying she wasn't as beautiful as the other times we've been together! Because she is! Beautiful...

"You look stunning," I complimented her. She wore a navy blue maxi dress, reaching down to her ankles, which brought out the mature woman in her. She had her platnium hair put into a French bun, and wore black pumps. She turned a shade of red and replied, "Thank you."

"Is Anna hitching a ride with us?" I questioned. Elsa shook her head. "She left earlier with a guy who asked her to the dance; Hans."

"Hans? Hans Westergaard?" Jack asked. "Yeah, why?" Elsa questioned. "I knew him back in middle school. Back then, he and I were best pals. We were troubled teens, so we did a lot of bad things, some I don't want to mention... But anyways, Hans is a really bad person. He uses people to his advantages and loves playing girls," Jack explained. "He especially loves the innocent ones and the looks on their faces when they're heartbroken."

Elsa gasped, a scowl on her face soon after. "It's time we head to the dance. I'm getting my sister back from that player," Elsa growled as she stomped into the car. I couldn't take Toothless out since he was injured a little while back during the Dragon Race.

...

We entered the school's large gym and looked around for Anna. We spot her hanging out with Hans' clique that consisted of Pitch, Astrid, Gothel, and Mordu. Anna looked to be pretty nervous; she was a freshman after all, and hanging with a sophomore and his friends. "I'm going to beat that guy up! I am not letting my sister get hurt because of him," Elsa growled as she stormed towards him. I grabbed her hand, which, as usual, is covered with gloves. "Elsa, you shouldn't make a scene right now. You should just have fun, and after they announce the winners, you can bring her home. We'll help you to," I told her. She took a look at me and back to her, who seemed to look like she's having more fun, after introductions with the group. "But..." she sighs. "Ok..."

Elsa's POV

Hiccup said to have fun, but I couldn't; not while Anna is in the hands of that damn player!

It had been an hour of dancing, eating, and more dancing, for everyone but me. I wasn't comfortable in this environment. I'd rather stay home and read a book if it wasn't for my friends dragging me out here with them...

Friends... I smile at the thought. Hiccup approached me and asked, "Won't you dance with me?" Ed Sheeran's "Perfect" started to play.

[ play the song anywhere, or here if you want ]