four - sky ride

Hiccup's POV

   I didn't know why Elsa acted like that. Was it my smell? I made sure to wash Toothless' drool off of me, but it's really hard to wash out.

   Walking around the school, I look for Elsa. I checked in every class she had, and roamed around more. I couldn't find Elsa. She's usually early, but I did found was Punzie. "Punzie! Do you know where Elsa is?" Punzie should've walked with her this morning, after all, they're cousins and they live together.

"Sorry Hiccup, but Elsa didn't come to school today. She's still sick from yesterday," Punzie explained. 

She walked away afterwards and headed to her homeroom. We were supposed to head to homeroom instead of our original first class to get out our papers and forms for the upcoming Dream Games.

I thought of something. If Elsa won't be here to receive her papers and forms, I'll bring it over to Punzies house. 

I didn't know her homeroom, so I raced over to Punzies homeroom to ask.

Elsa's POV

   I didn't wanna go to school today... Surely Hiccup hates me after slapping his hand away like that...

I checked the time. 3:00 pm, school's been over for half an hour now. Today I was supposed to be prepping for the upcoming Dream Games. I guess I have to skip out on it.

The doorbell rang. I wonder who it was? No one was home at the moment, Punzie and Anna texted me saying that they needed to help prep for the Dream Games.

I opened the door and Hiccup was there... Wait... Hiccup?!

What was he doing here? I thought he'd still be at school!

"Hey Els—" Before he could finish his sentence I slammed the door in his face. I leaned against the door. "H-Hiccup, what're you doing here?" I said through the door. "Open the door so I could hear you better," he said, chuckling. I opened the door a bit. "So? What're you doing here?" I asked again. He pulled something from out f his bag. A few papers. "Here are some forms your guardians need to sign, and here's the papers with your team colour, group, and also the rules. Guess what?" he asked. I replied, "What?"

"You're supposed to guess, silly," he said. "I'm in a good group?" I asked. "Better. We're blue, and you're in the same group as me, Jack, Punzie, and Merida! Isn't that great? I really think our team is the superb team," he said.

He handed me the papers. I glanced down and retrieved them with my hands, but with gloves on.

"Why do you wear gloves?" Hiccup asked. I flinched. "W-Why? B-Because of some reasons, ok?" I replied.

I placed the papers on the island of the kitchen. "You have to come to school tomorrow. Tomorrow we'll be practicing Dragon Racing and Archery," he said. If I didn't have my powers I would, but...

"I might still be sick," I lied. He frowned. He was sad... Now I was starting to feel guilty. I grunted. "Fine... I'll come," I told him. He flashed a toothy grin. "Great! I'm so excited! I wanted to show you how fast Toothless can fly," he told me. Then his face became brighter 

"Actually... Come with me now," he said. "Where to?" I asked. "To meet Toothless," he said. "But tomorrow—" I said, but was interrupted by him. "Tomorrow it'll be a boring game, yet still pretty fun to me, to retrieve sheep around the school grounds and put them in the team net. But today, I'll get to show you sights you've never seen before in the sky. It'll be great, trust me," he said, taking out his hand. I've always wanted to see the city I lived in. I've never been anywhere far from my house or school.

"Ok. Let me get changed first," I told him. I let him inside to wait on the couch. I ran upstairs and changed into something fitting of an outside flight. It was probably going to be cold, but the cold never seem to bother me. I still put on a long sleeved shirt and some leggings.

I checked the time. Five o'clock. Uncle should be home around now... Oh.

I rushed downstairs to see my Uncle talking to Hiccup. "Uncle Frederic!" I cried. "Elsa! I'm home! And I thought I told you to call me Uncle Fred," he said, joyfully. "So is this young man your boyfriend? I've always wanted a son! There's just too many girls in this house," Uncle Fred whined. Me and Hiccup blushed. "Me and Hiccup were just heading out as friends, see you later Uncle!" I said. I gestured Hiccup to come over. We both left through the door and headed to his place, where Toothless was at.

I was awestruck when I saw his place. Well, his place behind gates. "You're place is huge," I said. "My Dad's the mayor of the city," he replied.

He swiped a card, and the gates opened. He lead me to a small annex at the back of his place. "Toothless lives in here," he said. We entered through the big doors. "Toothless! I'm back! And I brought a friend," he said. A big winged, black dragon flew from a ledge built onto a wall and close to the ceiling. Toothless sleeps there I guess.

He landed onto the ground. He looks at me and trots over. He rubs his head against my side. "Hey, he likes you already!" Hiccup said. I giggled and petted him. He shivered at my touch. I moved my hand away. Toothless smiled at me. Guess I know why he's called Toothless.

We walked Toothless out of the annex and onto the open field in front of his house. "Hop on," Hiccup said as he got on Toothless. He put his hand out. I was scared to grab hold of his hand, even if I had gloves on.

I hesitantly, and slowly, put my hand out to grab his. He chuckled and grabbed my hand, pulled me onto Toothless, and wrap my arms around his waist. I turned as red as a tomato.  

"Hold on!" he said. Toothless took off and into the sky. I tightened my grasp around Hiccup.

Toothless was now steadily flying after a few minutes.  "You can open your eyes now," Hiccup said. I opened one of my eyes and saw the city. I quickly opened my other eye.

"It's... Beautiful!" I exclaimed. I admired the lights which turned on as the sun started to set, slowly. I touched the clouds with my right hand. It made my glove damp and wet. My eyes widened as my glove started to freeze. Must've been because of the water. I lowered my right hand.

I just gazed at the scenery before me, time passing by as the sun started to set, slowly turning to dusk. I checked my watch. "Oh gods! It's already eight?! I can't believe it!" I cried. Hiccup shook in surprise when I suddenly screamed. "I didn't think it was this late already. Hiccup, can you bring me home?" I asked. Hiccup nodded.

We headed towards the direction of my place, and we flew down. We landed on my front lawn. I hopped off of Toothless, and walked over to his head to pet him. "Thanks for the ride," I told him. I looked at Hiccup. "You too, Hiccup. I had a great time," I told him, smiling.

Hiccup turned red. "Ehehe, no problem Elsa," he replied. "Uh... Say, do you wanna go again tomorrow? I could pick you up here with Toothless. The first thing our group needs to practice is Dragon Racing," he explained. "That'll be great," I said. I waved goodbye to the both of them and headed inside.

Hiccup helped me clear my head. I feel so much better now. I looked at my hands and clenched them. I then opened the door to my home and saw my family rushing around. I sighed. "I know you've been spying on me," I told them.