The One When Emily Is Dead

Start from the beginning

"Thank God I found you," Emily huffed out as she sluggishly jogged up to her other half. The Gilbert girl rolled her green eyes in annoyance before she complained to Elena, "I have been stuck in these woods for too long."

Emily took the chance to get a good look at her twin sister after she had finished speaking before a frown immediately pulled onto her face with even more confusion than she had already felt from waking up in the woods. "What's going on?" The Gilbert girl worriedly questioned as she could see tears clouding Elena's brown irises.

Elena slowly shook her head as she briefly closed her eyes to get control of her emotions before she focused her teary gaze onto her twin sister. "I am so sorry, Emmie," the Gilbert vampire quietly apologized as she shakily placed her hand onto the extremely confused human girl's cheek.

Emily instantly became even more confused - if that was even possible - by how her sister was looking at her so softly. "What?" The Gilbert girl inquired as she honestly didn't understand anything right now, "what are you talking about, Lena?" This whole ordeal was just freaky for Emily from the weird and foggy atmosphere in the woods along with the unnatural silence that surrounded her as well.

The Gilbert vampire gave her sister a sad smile as she tenderly gazed into Emily's green eyes as if she was trying to store them into her memory. "We're dead," Elena finally confessed to the Gilbert girl as much as she wished that she didn't have to because she knew it was going to crush her twin.

Emily's green irises immediately widened as she took a step back from her twin sister in absolute shock. "W-What?" The Gilbert girl sputtered out as she looked at Elena with a hint of fear mixed in with all of her confusion. Emily couldn't even begin to fathom those two little words that the brunette vampire had uttered to her. It just didn't make sense.

Instead of answering the Gilbert girl's question, Elena gently grabbed ahold of her sister's hand before she pulled her over to a small and wooden bench. The brunette vampire gave her sister's hand a small squeeze once they were seated before she focused her brown irises onto Emily. "What's the last thing you remember?" Elena finally inquired after a few moments of silence had passed by as she slowly tried to help her sister understand her predicament.

The Gilbert girl was confused as to why Elena was asking her that but she decided to humor her sister, so Emily closed her green eyes as she tried to look back on her memories. Emily couldn't help but get frustrated as she shook her head when she couldn't automatically remember the last thing that she did or said as her mind just felt blank.

It took another three minutes of the Gilbert girl sitting there with her green irises closed and her twin sister squeezing her hand while she uttered assuring words before Emily finally could remember something. "I-I went to say goodbye to Caroline and she surprised me with Tyler," the Gilbert girl recalled as she moved her furrowed gaze over to her twin sister.

Emily pulled her brows together from her own words before she asked herself, "Tyler's back?" The Gilbert girl then nodded her head once she realized that she had seen Tyler before she continued to recall her memories, "yeah... Yeah and he said Mrs. Lockwood was in the hospital, t-then Klaus' witch took them for the sacrifice."

The Gilbert girl shook her head as she released a disheartened sigh before she muttered from what she could remember, "I felt helpless, so I went to get a drink at the Grill and I-I think I texted Stefan to meet me there." Emily nodded her head as she affirmed that it was true before she recalled, "he had something planned for my last day as a human."

"I sat at the bar with Damon and Ric," the Gilbert girl continued to replay her memories as they came back to her, "bourbon, we had bourbon." Emily furrowed her brows while she mumbled, "t-then Klaus walked in with his real body. He told us that he had his wolf and vampire before he threatened Damon to not get involved."