27.| More Fuel On the Fire

"This better be quick-", Natalia begins after she had agreed to Alek's deal and advised Keith to meet her at their prisoners trailer.

"Don't worry you'll be back in Hot Shot's arms-", Alek cuts in as they gradually make their way away from the group of outdoor shelters.

"What exactly do you have against Keith, huh? Do I go around prowling into every one of your relationships? No, because at least I use common sense.", Natalia snaps back angrily.

"Well, if you would actually be using any of that 'common sense' you claim to have, you wouldn't be hooking yourself up with a player-", Alek rises, attempting to top Natalia's facts.

"Keith's not a player!", Natalia defends, her voice volume increasing while her left hand rubbed against the pill container hidden inside the left pocket of Keith's borrowed grey jacket.

"I know his type! He'll just use you until you fail to go through with his wishes then dump-"

It was as if at that exact moment all the birds had paused from their chirping, peering down at the commotion meters away from the branches they were perched on. Within seconds Natalia had once again lost her temper, kicked Alek's left knee; causing it to buckle in a normal manner, then kicked his lower right shin millimeters above his ankle before elbowing him in the chest. Alek let out a painful gasp the moment his back fell against the needled forest floor but quickly recovered from the shock when he noticed Natalia storming off in the direction they had just come from.

"Nat wait!", he gasps, throwing his body off the ground.

"If you brought me out all this way just to criticize my relationship with Keith then-", Natalia begins before Alek had suddenly blocked her path.

"Look I'm sorry, I let my tongue get the best of me-look I won't bring up Keith, just hear me out."

"I have been trying to hear you out for the past few minutes yet you still fail in accomplishing your-"

"I won't bring up Kieth-I'll just say what I wanted to say in the beginning and end it there.", he offers, finally regaining his breath before Natalia crosses her arms across her chest and nods in approval, " look...the reason I target your relationship with Keith is because I care about you so much that I don't want your heart broken by some jerk—"

Natalia began to lose her cool once again but her lips were sealed when Alek begged her to continue listening and remain silent.

"Please, don't make me regret this confession... I also tried to break you two up because Keith was prohibiting my initial plan from taking its successful course." Alek admits sheepishly under Natalia's burning death glare, "You see... I was searching for you ever since I escaped the Academy after the operation came to an end because I wanted to reunite our family—".

"I hate to break it to you but our mother is dead and Dad's been off the grid for who knows how long...for all we know he could've already been killed.", Natalia argues against Alek's high hopes.

"Ah, but that's where you're wrong! I got the honor of encountering him a few months ago. Although it was only for a brief moment before he disappeared. You see... Dad will only appear to whom he wants and when he wants, so I gave up searching for him after Arthur filled me in on that trivia.", Alex explains; pressuring Natalia's doubt.

"And how exactly did you know it was him not some decoy sent to derive potentially important information from you?"

"Because I met him in person...You'll know him when you see him.", Alek smiles while Natalia stares at him dumbfounded.

𐊜

By the time Alek finished his confessions and grand adventure tales three hours had already passed; now leaving Natalia with a five hour gap of rest before Denim would expose their surprise. Natalia had just pushed the metal, silver door to the trailer open when she caught Keith suddenly jumping out of his deep sleep and onto his feet.