2.| Off Guard

Let Go by Beau Young Prince

𐊜
𐊜
𐊜

People will come and others will go... just remember...they were all put there for a lesson; now it's your choice to accept it.

𐊜
𐊜
𐊜

"Mornin' Mary Sue!", he yells expecting her to jump out of her seat and strangle him to the ground but all he gets was a tired death glare before Alexandra leaned back into the chair, arms crossed across her chest.

"Go annoy someone else, Keith.", Alexandra groans. 

Keith sighs before barging his head into the truck; left hand pulling the lever to the side of the driver's seat while the right pushes the chair back.

"Thanks...", Alexandra trails off as her hand waves in mid-air.

Keith grins as his lips find their way to the crook of her head and neck while moving the prized necklace he had given her out of the way. As his kisses lowered his hands weaved themselves under the brunette's shirt.

"Keith, stop...", Alex begins groaning, her arms weakly try pushing Keith away, but her eyes suddenly go wide as Keith's hands trail higher under her shirt, "KEITH!"

She yells while pushing Keith off of her with full force.

"What?!", Keith tries asking innocently but fails as an evil grin spreads across his lips.

Alex gave him a flushed glare before hopping out of the truck while rubbing her neck up and down where Keith had left his trail of kisses. Keith flings his arm around Alex's shoulder as she slams the door to the black Ford Raptor shut.

"Cat got your tongue, Mary Sue?", he asks as he leans down and plants a small kiss on Alex's cheek.

"No, but I did just witness a vampire attacking me while I was trying to sleep."

Keith chuckles to himself and after a moment of silence, he looks at Alex with a cocked eyebrow.

"In the truck again?"

"I was too tired and sort of felt weak after Noah viraled me out again. And now; no thanks to you, I barely got...", Alex trails off again as she taps the watch Jennifer had given her on her 19th Birthday authorizing it to reveal the time, "It's 5:30 am so I'm guessing I got...about two hours of sleep."

She rubs her face before looking up at Keith and giving him one of her rare smiles as she wraps her left arm around his waist.

"Anyway, how was your night? Must've gotten lots of sleep since I was gone."

"Actually... on the contrary. I could barely sleep with the thought of you gone again.", Keith says as they enter the house.

"Well, that's gonna take a whole lot of convincing if you think I'm gonna believe that.", Alex says with a grin as she takes off her shoes and begins walking away from Keith; towards the stairs, "I'll meet you outside in a little."

𐊜

After Alex got the chance to take a quick shower and change out of the clothes she had been in for two days she quickly made her way down the stairs while she struggled to wrap the white clothe around her right arm. Jennifer tiptoes out of the master bedroom while softly closing the heavy oak door behind.

"Just got the twins sleeping but Keith went out with the dogs. Make sure to be back so we can leave on time.", Jennifer whispers as she jumps from topics, "Finally decided to wear the cropped hoodie?"