16.| Old & New Enemies

The brunette boy who was once mocking Natalia had now tackled her to the ground and was fighting against her. Adam quickly stands, picks up his pistol and aims it at Natalia, his heart racing faster than it ever has in a long time.

"I'll take her from here.", Adam says to the boy who looked up at him in shock.

"And take all the credit? Nu-uh! Anyway, you were the one who just got tackles by her a few secon-", he begins before getting punched by Natalia and choke slammed to the ground.

She wraps her arm around his throat and tightens it as hard as she possibly could when she suddenly began feeling small areas of pain in her right arm. Realizing just now that she had forgotten to take her tablets for the pain. Everyone stops their approach and all draw out their guns.

"Let him go Nat.", Adam orders with a shaky voice he instantly changed when he recognized how obvious it seemed.

"Don't call me Nat! It's Natalia for you...for all of you!", Natalia snaps back before eyeing everyone in the crowds, "Anyway, I wasn't the one who always tried to kill you."

"Nat let him go!", Adam says slowly circling towards Natalia's back, obviously ignoring her order.

Natalia tightens her grip even harder before releasing it and elbowing him in the temple, hard enough to knock him out. She stands and walks up to Adam boldly, becoming a bit more confident that he wasn't going to pull the trigger.

"Or what?!", she yells as he backs up with the pistol in his hand aimed at her head.

"Look around you! They aren't afraid to stand up for their family. And you're not part of it!", Adam states, stopping Natalia from approaching him with the thought of intimidation passing out of her mind.

She hated that. She hated the fact that he was right. Her own enemy was right. But it wasn't this scenario that she related that phrase to, Natalia vividly remembered Thea nagging her about it in hopes of making her breakup with Keith.

This time Adam had decided to stand up against her and used the old fashioned taser to make it an easy kidnap. After handcuffing her, Adam confidently led her to the unconscious brunette's car and forced her into the back seats. He slides into the back seats, just as one girl hops in the driver's seat and one boy hops in the passenger; both looking somewhat familiar from her brief memory of The Academy.

They both begin boasting about how proud this "Denim" dude would be of them while Natalia sat silently in the back with Adam pointing his pistol at her. All the cars deserted the area, following each other at an insane speed as they dodged the trees and flew over hills. It was until the short girl decided to ask a question, that the silence in the back seats was replaced.

"So, who was that you were chasing back there Natalia?", she asks, alternating her view from the rear view mirror to the woods.

Natalia gives her a pissed off look suddenly remembering that she could've caught and ended Dean's life if only she wasn't distracted by these Academy Savages; as she renamed them.

"None of your business.", Natalia responds with a cocky tone, alternating her concentration back to the woods the cars zooming along them lit up.

"Still that same asshole you were three years ago. Well, I hope Denim makes your life miserable!", she continues to boast before Natalia gives the girl's seat a sharp kick.

"Watch it Feisty Pants!", Adam retorts, cocking his pistol.

"Or what?!", Natalia yells back, standing upright.

"Oh, so you want to go back down that path?!", Adam asks, mimicking her stance.

"How 'bout you let me loose and I'll punch some sense into the stupid brain of yours?!"