21.| When Dreams Become Reality

"Your target is Santiago Ruiz. He failed to deliver my two dirt-modified Jaguars, last time I sent a group of Rookies to retrieve them, they were caught and killed on-sight. So the groups for this round are...Bexley and Jasper, Natalia and Adam, Callie and Otis. You all will be the eyes on the ground and the possible assassins. Alek, Felix, and lastly, Keith; will be your snipers. This mission is not only a retrieval of the two cars unharmed and elimination of my enemy, it will also be testing compassion during the trial.", Denim informs the nine adults, "Oh, and if you do attempt to not follow orders or escape, I will make sure to have you recaptured, tortured, and possibly killed. Now any questions?"

"Since you asked, yes.", Natalia suddenly blurts out after everyone got with their teammates, "What's up with Adam being teamed up with a group of rookies?"

"Adam is my eyes while you guys are there. He knows how things are supposed to roll and will make certain that they do.", Denim replies before eyeing Keith, "Any other questions?"

There was a short pause since they were all in their own world of fear. Bexley studies her sandals nervously since she had never had any experience on the field, Callie examines her nails, Jasper looks over at Felix wondering how they should act with Keith and Natalia, while the rest of the group swayed from foot to foot, attempting to comprehend what they were about to get into. Suddenly it was Callie who dared to ask the one question lingering in the back of some member's minds, although it already seemed obvious what Denim's response would be.

"If there's only two cars, what happens to the other teams?", she asks in a sassy attitude, chewing her already stale gum.

"Ah, simple, either they get left behind...or hopefully killed.", Denim replies with a growing smirk as him and Keith finally make eye contact.

𐊜

The limousine driver suddenly stops changing the tension in the air to panic. Jasper, Bexley, Otis, Callie, Felix, and Alek had already gotten dropped off earlier that way things wouldn't seem as suspicious, yet it never aided any situation when there was a giant beach party going on behind the barricaded doors surrounding the small, isolated beach miles away from civilization. Adam looks over at Natalia who had just given Keith a sympathetically depressed look before opening the door for her while pushing the almost invisible earpiece further in his ear.

They had reached the entrance surrounded by a swarm of guards who asked for their VIP passes. After Adam verified their false identities, they were allowed inside. As they approached the mansion with a mob of people dressed in their beach garments, the music got louder and so did Natalia's heartbeat as it pounded to the rhythm of the song booming through the speakers.

Adam opens the door to the beach house, revealing the literal definition of party to Natalia. Natalia scans the over-sized mansion leading towards the large glass windows exposing the beach and pools on its other side. It wasn't until she felt a hand slid in hers and drag her down the stairs that she woke out of her inspection. Once they had reached the bottom, Natalia had quickly jerked her hand out of Adam's; rubbing it as if he had injured it while giving him a suspicious glare. 

"What's wrong with you?", she asks, still struggling to ignore the surprise of his sudden boldness.

"We're at a romantic beach party, don't make the situation any more suspicious.", Adam whispers after some people along the side of the stairs gave them both an odd stare.

Against her will, she allows him to slide his hand back in hers, suddenly allowing herself to plan his drowning down at the beach. He leads her down to the dance floor, encouraging her to dance until they could spot Santiago without causing any alarm. Although she was glad she could have her hand back, Adam suddenly began spinning and moving around in front of her. She watches him awkwardly, unsure of how to copy his or anyone's funky movements as they all move to the beat of the song booming through the large speakers surrounding the left side of the wall.