26.| Faults

It took Keith about ten minutes to throw all the evidence into the fire and make it over the rocky hill after realizing the corpse at the bottom of the hill was the remains of one of Natalia's victims. Following his moment of his arrival down the other side of the mountain, he relied on a small flashlight Denim had given him before they entered the bar. His pounding heart was about the only noise reminding him to remain calm. He yearned to yell and call for Natalia; hoping for a response yet his worries were somewhat soothed when a grunting sound followed by the rustling in the grass drew his attention.

"Over here Hercules.", Natalia called; recognizing the figure to her far right.

Keith quickly makes his way towards Natalia, sliding to his knees when he reaches her. The sirens echoed from the other side of the hill throughout the small town on it's opposing side. Although the other side roared in chaos, the meadow leading into the city from their section remained in absolute peace. The dew dropped grass feathering the fog remained undisturbed, almost as if it hadn't realized the presence of the two killers, only the weight of a shot corpse.

After reassuring the team that he and Natalia were still alive, Denim returned the favor by reassuring Keith with the fact that he would come pick them up. Keith seized the moment the team went silent. He removed the earpiece and dropped it into the pockets of his pants; looking over Natalia in shock.

"First of all, why the bloody hell would you jump at the target?", Keith asks sharply while he slowly helps Natalia stand off the rocky terrain.

Natalia's silence clicked on Keith's guilty conscience. He sighed as he handed her the light and picked her up bridal style; earning a surprised hiss and struggle from Natalia.

"I'm sorry-I just thought I had shot you instead of-", Keith begins after he reaches the wet grass and places her in it, "Damn Mary Sue! Your head's bleeding."

"I'm fine!", Natalia snaps back but groans as she allows her eyelids to shut, "Please tell me you at least have one pain killer."

𐊜

"Do you feel any pain in the area around the back of your head?", asks a soothing voice belonging to the only ginger headed nurse in Denim's camp; also known as Virginia O'Lear.

"No.", Natalia replies as she scans the cuts the nurse had covered with some cream.

The clear cream had almost instantly taken away the pain and was now working on healing up the scar. Although the "clinic" was set up in a small white tarped tent it somehow created a vibe of serenity. The sun had just about almost risen when Denim walked in and informed Natalia that he would give her and Keith a five hour resting period to recuperate before their surprise would take place. After he left the nurse's green eyes fixed on Natalia's swollen-appearing, right arm.

"Your arm-"

"-Is healing. Thank you for the magic cream but I must get going-", Natalia quickly cuts in; quickly jumping off the bed attempting to flee the questioning.

"Please Miss Petrova, I insist-", the nurse kindly stops Natalia by blocking the exit, "I just want to help."

"The only way you can help an assassin is by giving me your strongest painkillers.", Natalia replies after letting out an exasperated sigh.

"So it's a level ten rated pain?", Virginia asks; analyzing Natalia's expressions before shaking her head and continuing, "I can't give you any pills without a prescription-"

"Where the heck am I going to find my doctor? For all I know he could be dead.", Natalia snaps; suddenly towering over the nurse who remained unfazed, "Gosh, this has gotten out of control. Look nurse, doc-"