3.| Back To Square One

"You get the twin's, I'll get the truck loaded.", Keith orders monotone but just before Alex could argue back with the plan he stomps into the house with the large oak door slamming shut behind him.

Alex was left outside; sniper in her right arm, bullet in her left as the Cliffs Peak Forest bustled around uncertain about all the commotion that had just occurred. She looks down at the sniper only to notice tons of tiny slashes engraved onto the rifles left side.

She lifts the sniper to eye level and observes the engravings only to notice tons of tally marks each marked off by the fifth line. Alex sighs as her hands fall limp by her sides while her sky blue eyes scan the premises with realization to the tally marks on Keith's sniper.

"Only wish I could know how many people I've killed too.", she whispers to herself as she enters the house and rushed up the stairs.

When she reached the closest room to the railings she pushed the creaked door open, revealing Keith who was busily packing.

"Where are the twins Alex?", he asks over his shoulder as he picks up his sniper case and flings it across the room to Alex.

"Still downstairs, I hope.", she responds as she carefully takes apart the sniper and puts it in the parts designated spot, "I'll go check on them as long as you can manage to stay away from this weapon."

With a soft tap on the closed case, Alex pushes it out of the doorway and walks down the stairs as Keith's sapphire blue eyes follow her every movement, fighting with the temptation of picking up his sniper and going after the murder.

Alex makes her way into the master bedroom downstairs where one wailing twin remained. Sleeplessly balling her eyes angrily at her mother's sudden disappearance.

"For Pete's sake could you control your temper?!", she asks as she reaches the silver car seat Leonora was placed in.

Alex lifts the car seat onto the bed as Leonora began to simmer down due to the familiar face.

"There that's better.", Alex whispers with a frown as she notices Leonora's red pacifier next to her elbow.

She picks it up and pushes it in between Leonora's lips, but before she could retrieve her finger Leonora wraps her plumped fingers around it while staring at it intensely. It was as if Alex's stone heart had just been an illusion as her body softened at Leonora's touch.

Just as Alex began playing with Leonora; causing the bedroom to erupt in laughter, Keith came stomping down the stairs, hands full with traveling bags. He looks into the room, a small smile slowly spreading across his face before Alex looks up at him with the widest smile he had ever seen.

A grin forms on Keith's face as Alex slowly goes back to normal with a slight blush on her cheeks while Leonora's giggles cool off. Keith quickly makes his way outside, past the corpse of his step-sister and brother-in-law, opened the truck's gate, jumped in and began organizing everything. Alex emerged from the cabin carrying the two car seats the twins were placed in as she quickly rushed them inside the truck.

While Alex was strapping down the twins Keith ran back inside the house to do a final check of the place before leaving until he heard loud barks coming from the garage.

"Shoot, the dogs!", he says before running towards the garage.

He slowly opens it and just as he had expected, Sequoia attempts to push her way through the door and Keith, but to her dismay, Keith slid his hand under her color which restrained her from proceeding forward. All of that taking place while Captain just sat at the bottom of the steps with his tail wagging uncontrollably.