Chapter 38.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

"You had a girlfriend" Pidge asked surprised as she and James walked down one hallway of a three floor flats in a small town, they were checking the top floor. Shiro and Keith on the middle floor with Matt and Lance on the bottom floor.

(Right, so its just three floors but I know some names them as first floor, second floor and then third floor. I also know some call them ground floor, first floor and then second floor. There are just three floors, call it however you want).

"Yeah, I was even thinking of marrying her after collage" James smiled slightly, he was carrying a wooden cricket bat that once was Hunks but he handed it over once the others learned James just had a hand knife.

"Did she um" Pidge started to ask unsure, her gripping tightening on her baseball bat, leaving her tomahawk back at the hotel as a spare weapon for the others.

Allura only had her bladed whip, Coran, Romelle and Shay had no weapons, Hunk was using Shay ice axe after his sledgehammer broke. Hunk, Shay, Pidge and Lance no longer had knifes since they became too blunt, broke or in Pidge case was still in a freaky dead zombie experiment and the other still with Iverson somewhere. Keith katana finally broke even with all the care and work he gave it the blade just couldn't keep going and Krollia Machete is stuck in a dead zombie with a broken handle.

Lance was now using a Sickle, a farming tool that curved like a hook. They found that in in the hotel shed, Lance was thankful he knew how to use it due to his old family farm days. Krollia was able to use a Slasher, another farming tool and seemed to be doing well with it making her stay back to protect the others with Hunk since they were the only two who had decent close combat weapons.

Keith was using his Karambit knife, keep his normal knife as back up. Shiro still had his trench knife and Army knife, what he was using since his aze broke. Matt still had his Pu Dao but that, making close combat a bad idea for him.

That why the group was in the flats in the town, James heard rumours of a group hiding inside gathering tons of weapons before the zombie wave hit the town but it seemed most of the town ended up just leaving forgetting over the weapons they gathered. James heard it from a group he was with for a couple weeks before leaving when he didn't agree with killing weaker survivors. He knew the flat was left untouched becuase some new type of creepy zombie over took the play and the group lost enough members to it in the past.

"She was on a camping trip with her friends when the zombie apocalypse happened. She was safe in the woods far from any other humans. When I couldn't stay in the flat any longer, I left a note in our shared flat telling her I had to keep moving in case she ever returned but I like to think she still alive somewhere" James answered knowing what Pidge was gonna ask.

"I'm sure she alive, if she went camping then I'm sure she know how to live in a zombie apocalypse" Pidge joked slightly and James chuckled. 

"Thanks, now we better get back to being worried over bumping into whatever killed the others in this place. I mean the halls have old blood in them but we haven't found or heard anything yet" James mumbled as he wiggled a flat door finding it locked.

"Maybe it left, I mean most zombies move around looking for humans to eat. If this was a new type of zombie that waited for humans who came after someone in the building they it would be smart enough to move on to make a new trap" Pidge explained and James a slight nod.