Walmart VS Target

Katrina's POV

I shovel another spoon full of my ice cream down my throat, as I sit on the couch watching TV.

I chuckle as I watch Kim Kardashian tell Kourtney she's the least interesting to look at.

"Savage Kim, fucking savage," I snicker, as Blue Doom steps into the living room, from his 'important-don't-fucking-breathe-near-it' science lab room.

Blue Doom slips out from that room, his eyes watching me like a fucking predator.

I sigh, "I can't emotionally take whatever weird shit you're about to do to me. Keeping Up With the Kardashians is on, and if you make me fucking miss Kourtney crying, I'm got set your lair on fire."

He takes it all in stride, before plopping down onto the couch next to me. He was still decked out in his super suit, his mask perfectly in place, "yes, I know your capabilities, which is why I've hidden the blow torch. Why are you even watching this trash?"

I glare at him, "all you do is watch the news, are you really one to talk?"

"The news is informative and enlightening, dumbass."

"You only watch it to see if they are talking about you, stupid ass."

He glares at me, "I need something from you." He ends on a pregnant pause that had me wishing he wasn't sitting so fucking close.

There was more on my mind that I needed to know. "What is a bond mate?" I ask him, giving him my full attention, especially as he tenses.

He stares hard at me for a second. "That's one of the more idiotic names that have come up," he rolls his eyes, looking entirely unimpressed with this conversation.

"Then what do you call it?"

He pauses, again, looking at me with an unreadable expression. "It's more of an unspoken thing, than an actual term. For Supers that have one, they usually just refer to the connection, some call the other their Person, the relationships between the connection are different and unique for each couple."

I try to process the new information, "so, this connection is what? Like you find the love of your life, or something, what's the point?"

He gave me a withering look, "I have heard it referred to as a soul mate bond, but that's really bullshit. We live in the real world, that shit doesn't exist."

"Coming from the man who where's tight ass clothes and floats, I don't think you should be talking all that shit."

He glares, "the connection, in essence, is really just a body to hold a Super's power. Not every Super has one, it's a bond usually reserved for Supers with immense power, too much, it allows them to hold some of that power in another being. The connection can increase a Super's power and allows the other person to have partial use of a Super's power."

I stare blankly at him, "a human power purse? That's what you're telling me? A pocket to hold power in?"

His irritation rises as he snaps his teeth at me in warning, "no you imbecile, it's more sacred than that, special. Can you image out of all the people in the world, you find someone who matches you in some specific particular way that allows for them to house the power that rolls through you? A human, or Super that is powerful enough, compatible enough, to do that? It's extremely rare," he hisses, his patience running on low.

I blink at him, "so, a Super be another Super's bond mate?"

"It is rare but possible. Usually, if it all, it's a normal and a Super."