Composure

Katrina's POV

Am I dead?

Pain laces up and down every inch of my body. I feel no better than a big ass bruise.

I blink slowly, trying to figure out where in the hell I am. The last thing I remember is the pain from being hit by that loser who was in the shadows.

Fucking bitch.

Then Blue was there and everything was better, well as better as something can get with a psycho villain added to the mix.

He had me, whatever was between us was definitely like drugs. It had to be like drugs. Because only a stupid bitch on drugs would ever trust someone like Blue.

Would kiss someone like Blue.

Would call a villain like Blue Doom, Blue.

I need to stay focused, I need to get the hell out of here, and I definitely need some Neosporin and band-aids because my shit hurts.

My neck is sore, my head hurts like a mother, and my face feels like it got stepped on by an elephant.

I squint at the rocky ceiling above me, did he slam my facing into a floor?

He slammed my face into a floor.

Great.

It feels like someone put me on a George Foreman grill and tried to cook my body.

Nothing feels good.

I blink again at the rock ceiling and groan. I know where I am, this is the lab in Blue's weird ass lair. I'm on the bed where I had woken up in Blue's arms.

Awesome memories.

I have to have some real hoe-like tendencies to have made out with that delusional asshole.

Why did I even do that?

Oh yes, it was the abs, the strange eyes, and maybe just a bit of that sad, lonely look I could catch deep within his eyes.

Or maybe because he's an asshole, and the world teaches girls, the best ones are always a bit of an asshole and being treated like shit is part of the process.

I need therapy.

Did I honestly say I wanted to be in Blue Doom's suit? Did I ask him to 'take me'? Did I imply that his dick was small?

Yes. Yes. And yes.

Would have just been a little too perfect for me to forget all those cringe-worthy memories.

I had no control. That thing, my power, had taken over. A bit of me was there and those are definitely my words that were said, but I hadn't given permission for them to be said.

What the hell is happening to me?

This feels completely beyond whatever bullshit bond mumbo-jumbo Blue's been feeding me.

Sasha made it sound like it wasn't that big of a deal, nothing but a little power tethered between the two of us. Yet, I remember distinctly, the endless pool of power that was pressed under my skin.

How invincible I felt.

How easy it would have been to... make it all mine.

Concerning, considering I'm entirely too lazy for any of those thoughts and actions. It was the power telling me what I could do if only I tried.

I squint my eyes as another memory crashes into me. Did I lasso a bitch? Did I lasso a bitch who claimed to be Blue's wife?

I definitely did that.