Swing First

Katrina's POV

I'm completely dreaming, this is a total dream, I know that.

I also know that something really fucking strange is happening.

And it's causing a minor panic attack to burn in the center of my chest.

I blink rapidly at the two things that are before me now.

One is nothing more than an encasing of darkness, like the lights aren't on properly and therefore I cannot see the very clear image of a woman standing no more than a foot from me on this open grassy plain.

Where am I?

What the hell is happening?

The last thing I remember was falling asleep with Blue, my arms wrapped tightly around him before I was dragged away by the darkness of sleep.

"What. The. Fuck." A distinctly feminine voice has my head turning away from the hidden features of the woman to my left, to the cursing woman on my right.

The air rushes out of my body as I stare at the beauty in front of me, her skin is a stunning deep and dark brown smoothed over her long and lithe body, only slight curves can be seen from the shimmering gold dress she's wearing. Her hair is braided back in one large messy braid that falls behind her heavily, the curls of her hair fighting the order of her braid.

And that is how I would describe her, completely untamed beauty and power.

Stunning golden eyes, pure 24 karat golden colored eyes are slit in annoyance in my direction as her plump lips and wide nose are turned up in disgust in my direction.

Her entire being thrums something inside of me, beats at an old memory that isn't quite mine, isn't quite right. I want to step towards her, hold her, hug her, excitement beats me to embrace her, her sneer be damned. But I don't know her, I've never met her before, even if something very instinctive is screaming that she's all I'll ever know.

What the fuck?

"Are you entirely fucking stupid? Do you want us all to die?" She snarls in my direction, so venomously that I nearly take a step back, but I can't because stepping away would feel like losing something I've been looking for my whole life.

"Who are you?" I ask, feeling the unsteadiness that comes with dreaming, like I can see more than I'm actually looking at, my surroundings hazing into something I can't afford to concentrate on.

Her eyes grow wider, a fear seeming to leak into her face, "you don't know?"

"Where are we?" I ask, refusing to look around as I stare at her.

"You don't fucking know?" She hisses her anger back in full force. "You drag us here to die, put us in danger and you don't even know what you are doing-" she stops on a dime as if she hears or sees something that I can't.

Her eyes dart crossly to the shadowed figure, "don't you fucking dare," she snarls before looking back at me, really looking at me hard. "You found him," she whispers her eyes searching mine, "how is that possible that you found him?" she whispers something broken slipping into her hard voice.

"Found who?" I ask my whirl swirling in nothing but confusion as I stare at the woman before me.

Her hands shake as he goes to reach for me before stopping, her eyes glossing over, "he's right there, how did you find him?" Her voice cracks as her hands shake violently, as if something she's been looking for is right there, right at her fingertips but she can't reach for it, can't touch it. "They'll kill us, kill all of us," she whispers looking beyond me to something else, someone else.

My heart snaps violently at her words, fury raining through my every nerve for her, for us, for whatever is scaring her so badly. I grasp her hands before she can move away, both of us gasping as lightning seems to strike between us, her eyes are wide as is she can see something that I can't and then tears are spilling over her beautiful face, swallowing her features in pure heartbreak.

"I won't let anyone hurt you," I tell her tightly, completely meaning it, feeling the power of my words burn through the two of us.

"You don't know, you don't know what you are talking about. We're dead. We are all dead. It's too late, they will finish what they started," she whispers tears streaming endlessly down her face as she looks at me, beyond me.

I shake my head, "I promise, I won't let them hurt you, I promise," I breathe to her, filling the two of us with the searing promise I've weaved between the two of us.

She shakes her head as if she cannot afford to believe me, but she's breaking, whatever she's been using to hold herself up, it's crumbling beneath her.

"I never stopped looking for you," she whispers, squeezing my hands for a second.

That wasn't for me.

Her eyes trace over the sky, seeing something I cannot, before she looks back to me and slowly pulls her hand out of my grasp, breaking some high wire connection. "Whatever you do, stay with Doom," she swallows hard before her eyes reconnect back to mine.

She's terrified, truly and fully terrified.

"Find us," I whisper, looking from her broken face to the shadowed figure, "both you, find me," I don't know what the hell is happening, but I know that I can't just let the two of them slip away, we need each other.

I don't get another word out, another second to remember, before there is a loud click and suddenly I'm no longer on that grassy plain with those strange women.

I'm standing in the middle of the bedroom, Christos is right in front of me, a desperate look on his face as he clutches my hands to his chest as if he was afraid I was going to pull away.

"Where is she?" Christos whispers but it feels like he screams it as a wild desperation clouds his face, a heart wrenching growl slipping from between his lips as he tugs me further into his chest as if he's willing to go through me to get to her.

What the fuck?

"What the fuck," Blue snarls from my left, making my head snap to his furiously sleepy eyes as he stares from Christos' clutching hands then to me.

Christos doesn't pay Blue's increasing fury any mind as he grips my hands tighter, dragging my attention back to him, "where did she go?" He begs his voice breaking so much that I can't speak or move.

I feel it too, the wrenching loss of something I never really had.

I have no clue what is going on.

Neither does Blue.

And probably Christos doesn't either.

But Blue must live by a set of rules and one is clear.

Swing first, ask questions second.

And he follows through by swinging his fist right into Christos' face.

Great.