chapter 29

Things were getting better.I and steven started attending University of Lagos and we were in year three.

Stephanie also graduated and she joined us,she was in year one.Alfred was now a part of my family and they liked him alot.

I've also met his mother,she's very nice and kind.His dad was late and we later found out he was the son of daddy's best friend.

Alfred was the only heir of Robinson and son limited. Everything was going smoothly.

We've been dating for 3 good years now and we know everything about each other.

Alfred was celebrating his 28th birthday.He hosted a grand birthday party and I and my whole family were there to celebrate with him.

He gave me clothes to wear for the birthday and I can say he made a very nice choice because I loved the dress.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please "He said after stepping in front of the stage.

"I want to thank you all for honoring my invitation and for coming here to celebrate with me"He said and everyone clapped.

"Today is a very special day to me,because I want to introduce you to the drumbeat of my heart. Miss Becky Johnson "

The whole place set to applause making   awe sounds from different angles. I stepped shyly on the stage feeling so uncomfortable with the stares.

He knelt down in front of me and brought out a ring"will you marry me?"He said as the crowd started applauding again.

"No!I won't marry you"I replied in a manner that raised eyebrows.

The place went silent as if someone died, all eyes were on me,even Alfred was giving me a disappointing and confused look.

"Why would you ask me such a question?ofcourse I won't say yes,but I must be Mrs Alfred " I said with a smile on my face that displayed all my teeths.

The crowd went crazy and everyone took a breath of relief. They all applauded as Alfred took my hands and put the ring in my finger.

             *********We've decided to get married before I graduate, so we were getting prepared for the wedding coming up the following week

             *********
We've decided to get married before I graduate, so we were getting prepared for the wedding coming up the following week.

"My son!what about the johnsons limited that is up for auction,will you take part in the bid?"Alfred's mum asked him while they were discussing in the living room.

"Ofcourse mum!"He replied.

The johnsons was my daddy's company that was taken by the bank for the loan he didn't pay back.

We all thought they've auctioned it long  ago,but they actually kept it until when the government finished their investigations.

They allowed the bank to auction it,but the buyer has to change the name or do some other business with it because of the illegal drug charge that was filed against the company.

Alfred was among the people that had interest in buying the company.

"How much are you bidding?"she asked.

"Well,I'm bidding 1 billion naira."He replied.

"Do you think there won't be anyone bidding more than that?you know the highest bidder gets the luck right?"she exclaimed.

"Yeah mum I know,if anyone offer more than that,I'll also offer more than what he offers. That's how it works. "He explained.

"Alright son!All the best "she said.

"That's why I love you mum"he said giving her a warm embrace before going to his room.

Alfred was up to something, even though he was interested in buying the johnsons company, but the main reason was to return it to daddy now that he found out that he was the owner of the company.

"Hi Mi Amor!"Alfred said after I picked his call.

Mi Amor means my love in Spanish and he can speak Spanish alot because he studied there.That's what he calls me atimes.

"Hello handsome "I replied blushing as if he was standing in front of me.

"What will you be doing today?"he asked.

"Nothing!I'll be home.I forgot to tell you that today is daddy's birthday, he doesn't celebrate birthdays but we'll be having a family dinner at home.will you come over?"

Yes!!!This is the right time.He murmured to himself.

"Did you say something?" I asked.

"Not at all,sure I'll come over"he said and hung the call.

Alfred later came home for the dinner, he wished daddy a happy birthday. We all sat down on the dining table and ate all the delicious meals we made including ravioli.

Remember I told you daddy loves ravioli alot.

It was a very great day for all of us,I had time to talk to Alfred. The day came to an end and he took his leave.

But before going,he gave daddy a gift.
"I'm so sorry daddy, I just bought  a little gift for you,I hope you'll like it"he said handing over a flat thing wrapped in shiny wrapping sheet that reads happy birthday.

The gift looked like a flat file or something.

"I only found out about the birthday when I called Becky "he added.

"Come on,you are my son,you need not to stress yourself getting me any gift.You've done alot for me and my family,it's more than enough "daddy said laughing.

"No daddy,it's my duty"

"Thank you so much "daddy said giving him a side hug.

"Permit me to take my leave.Thanks for the dinner, I enjoyed the meals. "Alfred said and took his leave as I walked him to his car and he drove away.

Everyone was curious about the gift he brought. Mummy unwrapped the gift and it was a brown envelope with some papers or documents inside.

She brought them out and to our utmost surprise and shock,it was the Johnsons company papers. Alfred gave back the company to daddy, he bought the company for daddy.

A paper fell from the envelope and I picked it and daddy said I should read it out.

     I'm sorry I couldn't give you all the
    happiness in this world, I'm sorry you
    had to go through alot of pains and
    misery. But I think I can just render a
    little help.So I'm giving you back what
    belongs to you.It your company papers
    It now belongs to you,everything is
    Written in your name.Accept it from
     me,not as your son in law or the son
     Of your good friend,but as your own
      Son.
              Happy birthday daddy,may you
              always be happy.
              Alfred.

Author's note
Woah!!!.❤
Are you also thinking the way I'm?that Alfred is a breath of fresh air and a real gem.
I'm so happy for the johnsons.
Stay tuned.
Love you all.
Don't forget to vote,comment and follow
PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT ❤❤❤