chapter 13

I watched daddy eating his ravioli and by his impressions,he is enjoying it.
"Ummm!This is so delicious my princess, I can't have enough of it"He said,still chewing some ravioli in his mouth.
"I made it especially for you"i said,throwing a mirthful smile.
"You'll make a better chef rather than a medical doctor really "he said teasingly.
"Daddy"i said as I put on a shy face
"Give me some the milkshake"he said stretching his hand out to collect it from me.
"Here you go"i said as I placed a cup of milkshake in his hand.

He finished eating and reclined on the sofa comfortably holding a glass of water.

"Back to business daddy,how did it go" I asked curiously.
"Well......"He began but stopped
I was getting so desperate to hear what happened in the court.

He made gesture for me to close the door and I quickly went and shut the door.I came back and sat down and said"daddy go on,am running out of patience "

"Becky!It didn't work"
I Froze as I heard the word it didn't work,and I had to make sure I heard him clearly. "What do you mean by it didn't work daddy,how comes. I think you said you've got a witness huh?shade more light "
"Calm down Becky,yeah I got a witness that could stand for me in court. But he withdrew in the eleventh hour"
"But why daddy?how could he do that to you,he was our hope and he has all the evidence."

"The world we live in is a cruel one Becky,when you need help everybody leaves you alone.I called him and he just said he is sorry he has changed his mind,he can't stand for me and the court suspended the case and I was even charged 100 thousand naira for wasting the court's time.since I was the one that filled the case"

I ran out of words but I managed to say"i'm sorry daddy"
He was silent and I feel duty bound to add"what do we do now?"
"There's nothing we can do Becky,just looking up to God to find a way out"

I gave him a long warm and reassuring hug as my eyes began to dive in tears."Don't worry daddy,it's going to be alright "I whispered to his ears holding back my tears.

"Make sure you keep it a secret Becky,i don't your mummy or siblings to find out about the court case"

Mummy didn't actually know daddy was going to file any case in court. He doesn't want to make her panic or give her some false hope since she's already getting over the trauma.Had it been it actually turns out the way we want it,it'll be the best surprise he would have given her.

"I'll keep my fingers crossed for you daddy"i said with a smile on my face.

We heard my siblings trickling into the house and screaming mummy and daddy's name.They sound exhausted,it was time for lunch so daddy lead the way out to the dining table.
The ravioli he took wasn't much,it was actually made to welcome him home so it's more like pre lunch.And besides, my daddy is a foodie.

We made positions on the seats and ready for lunch,but mummy wasn't there.

I was surprised when daddy said I should go call mummy to come join us.The look I gave was a confused one.But daddy nodded and I just kept my mouth shut and went to call her.

I knocked on her door and she turned"Daddy said I should call you over for lunch"
"I'm coming " she said and I winced my eyes to make sure I'm not dreaming.

On normal occasions,she wouldn't even look up.But I'm surprised she answered.perhaps daddy's warning is reflecting on her.

We ate our food peacefully,mummy didn't do anything that would draw attention neither did she do anything impressive.

Occasionally, she would ask me to pass her the stew bowl or pass her a cup.We were only exchanging gestures like we are playing the dumb charade games.

We finished and i went upstairs to take shower because i was feeling hot.I'm happy daddy said something that put some sense into mummy's head,at least she's a little bit cool and I can now dine and wine with my family like before not necessarily talking to her.

But I still hope she'll be the mother I use to know her before, I've missed our mummy and daughter talks. Especially in the kitchen that we use to prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner together and she'll even ask me for more recipes  to spice up daddy's weekend.

I decided to have some sleep, it's been long since I had siesta.

This chapter is a little bit shorter than the rest,give me ideas.Anticipate chapter 14.
Loading.....Loading...Loading
But tell me if you are really enjoying it.
If yes I want to see hearts in the comment box.
Thanks, vote comment and follow for more updates.
PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT ❤❤❤