chapter 23

Well!Things are getting a little bit better. I'm earning more than I was earning before.

I've already opened a separate account to save for I and Steven's university education.

I'm now used to Alfred's frequent patronage in our restaurant, or perhaps he's always been a regular customer even before I started working there.

But who cares,I'm no longer a waitress so most atimes I won't even know when he comes or go.

At his cousin's house,you don't wanna hear that he comes everyday.And it sucks alot.He won't let me do the way I want in the house.

With his presence, all my moves and actions are restricted.My work time has changed, I only go to the restaurant 4 times a week and at my own convenient time just to investigate what's going on in the kitchen.

Earlier today,I was at Mrs. Alex's house with little Emily when Alfred came.I was actually in the kitchen helping her with some cooking even though I'm not her house help,but we are so close that I can do anything for her.

Weekends were actually not included as part of my job.But now that I'm close to her,I do come over even during weekends.

I could hear her from the kitchen talking to Alfred when he came in.

"Hi Alfred!Good morning "she said,giving him the initial hug I guess while he hugs her back putting up his pompous smile.

"Hello bella!how are you and how's Emily?"I've almost forgotten that her name is actually Isabella so whenever I hear Alfred say Bella I use to feel awkward.

"Emily is in the room.I have to go to the room,my husband is in"she said pointing towards their room.

"Ohh Alex is back from the US?"he asked rhetorically.

Her husband is actually a tourist so most atimes he use to be overseas,he came back just yesterday.

"Yeah he is"she said"you can join Becky in the kitchen, she's in there"

I groaned when I heard that.I don't like his presence, he irritates me.She's actually been on my neck these days,she said she doesn't understand his frequent  visits,perhaps he's coming because of me and I refuse to agree with her.

I hate to hear that,why would he be visiting because of me?we belong to two different worlds.

Before I could finish talking to myself, he has already appeared in front of me.

"Hi Becky "he said with a smile on his face that showed his upper teeths.

"Hello"i replied picking no interest.

"How are you?"he asked now rubbing his head with his hand while the other was on his waist.

"I'm good"I said concentrating on the onion I was slicing on the chopping board.

There was silence, no one was saying anything and i began my daily routine. Talking to myself, who knows what i was saying.

"Ouchhhh"i screamed dropping the knife on the chopping board as Alfred quickly took my hands In his.

"Oh my goodness, you're bleeding "

He started looking around the kitchen to see if he will find something to stop the blood but  he was still holding my hand.

I pulled away and said"let go off my hand"

He looked at me in surprise without saying anything.Now I'm still feeling hurt and I started crying while the blood was just dropping on the tile littering the ground.