chapter 20

My first day at work was two different experiences. First at Mrs Alex's resident,it was really great, she's so kind and I love little Emily.The baby is just so cute and she doesn't really cry much. I really enjoyed babysitting her.

On the other hand at the restaurant, It was a bad experience, I find it too hard dealing with the customers especially the rude ones that treats us like sex objects.

But as they always say,'experience is the best teacher ' I'm now used to all the works I have to do and the things to expect from our customers.

I was a fast learner and Nancy was there to help me.Our Boss is actually too harsh when it comes to customers, she wouldn't take the risk of displeasing her customers.

It's now my second week,I was getting ready to go to Mrs Alex's house, I'm now very fond of Emily and I can't spend a day without seeing her.

I heard the door bell ringing continuously and kept wondering who could that be at this early hour of the morning.

I went downstairs to open the door,my heart started beating as fast as it could as I saw our landlord standing in front of the door.

He was looking upset, he didn't wait for me to tell him to come in before he bumped in calling daddy's name.

"Mr johnson,where are you come here right now"

His loud voice woke everyone up and they all assembled in the main parlor .

"Good morning "daddy said to the landlord.

"What's good about the morning?"he asked in fury.
"I've been sending you notice but you turned deaf ears without paying my money.Now listen,it's either you pay me my money or move out of house right now."

"Sir please don't do this to us,My husband has no money now"Mummy begged.

"How is that my problem?it seems I'll have to call the police to show you the way out right?"He replied in a harsh voice.

"For old times sake,just give me a week to find another place. I promise I'll move out of your house in a week please. "Daddy begged.

"One week is too far,I'm giving you just three days to move out of my house,if not you won't like what I'll do to you"He said and waltz out of the house in anger.

He spoiled my day,I tried somehow to console my daddy and I thought I should just stay at home with them.

But they insist that I should go to work instead because I just started last week,It won't be any good if i start skipping days.

I walked on the street looking for a tricycle but i couldn't get any,I walked on the road lustful with so many thoughts on my mind.

I was absent minded, thinking about the incident that just happened before I left home.

I can't imagine that my father,who was once the richest man in victory island is the one being embarrassed for house rent of just five million naira.

A man just came out of a Rolls Royce  parked behind my back as if he wants to hit me."Hey young lady!what the hell are you doing on the road.Are you deaf,for how long have I been horning?"his voice stern and full of anger.

That was when I realized I've been standing on the main road."I'm so sorry sir"i said,even though he's not an old man,he must be between twenty five to twenty six years of age.

"Sorry for yourself!Are you blind?can't you see that you are standing on the road"He replied rudely.

The tears I was trying to hold since a while ago broke loose.

"I'm sorry please "I said with my voice choked.

"Spare me that trash!If you have problems then stay at home don't come here on the road crying. I know people like you faking tears to gain sympathy.Now move out of my way else I won't hesitate to run over you.Got it.Goddamn!!!"He said gesticulating wildly as he went back into his car.

I stood still,thinking about what he just said. How can a person be so heartless like this. I made a mistake by not giving him a hot slap and tell him that I'm not looking for anyone's sympathy.

Today seem to be a very bad day.I went to Mrs Alex's home quite late and apologized for being late.

She's quite understanding and didn't pick any offence really.She left for work as usual and I was left with little Emily.

I finished and went down to the restaurant by 4:00PM,infact I went a little earlier than 4,because it was really a bad day for me and I was just so desperate to finish my work and go home.

I told Nancy about everything that happened In the morning as well as the guy i bumped into.

She told me to forget about the guy and just move on.She's right, he's just one of those rich brats that think they have all the world under their thumb.

She made an offer for us to come stay with them,but I immediately rejected it.She's just staying with her mother and we are a family of seven.

"Thanks alot Nancy for your generosity, but we can't stay with you.Daddy will definitely sort things out before the three days are due"I declined.

She understood why I rejected her offer,she tried to give me a hopeful smile as she opened her hands loose to give me a hug.

I didn't hesitate to hug her back as a tear tried to fall,but no.I forced them to stay back. It's not time to cry.

Author's note
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
I'm really grateful, are you really enjoying this book?
Vote,comment and follow please.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT ❤