chapter 3

Becky's POV

"Mercy"my dad called.

"please come downstairs with the kids"

Mum came up to our room and told me and Stephanie to come downstairs.

I quickly closed the novel I was reading and dropped it under my pillow on the bed.

Whenever I'm less occupied, you'll always find me reading novels.

We all followed mum downstairs and we met Steven and the rest already there before us.

It was in the main parlor or daddy's parlor as we usually call it.

He always host all his guests there since it was downstairs.

There is also another one upstairs but it's not as big as the one downstairs and  all of our family meetings were held there and family functions.

"What is it darling?we are all here as you requested and it  seems you are extremely happy about something "mum said.

"Well,you are right honey.i actually want to share some good news with all of you"He replied,showing out his thirty two teeths.

"You are always giving us good news daddy,are we going for another trip again?"Stephanie asked excitedly.

Dad threw her  a cheerful smile and said"No dear,it's not another trip.That will be some other time,but trust me it's bigger than the trip"

"What is the good news then daddy?please tell us,am curious"I  said impatiently waiting to hear what the good news is that made dad called us all here.

He cleared his throat and began"I'm actually working on a business that is very lucrative and if it works out,I'm going to make billions of money"

"Oh wow!That's actually a great news,my husband is going to become a billionaire"mummy said and started dancing in celebration.

"And I'm going to become the billionaire's daughter "Stephanie added.

"The money I have isn't enough to go into the business,so I collected some loan from my friend Mr Kelvin,and some from the bank.When the deal is finalized and the goods arrive I'll pay back all the loans"

That was when all the smiles I was wearing faded away in an instant.

"What kind of business is it dad?"I asked.

"I'm importing goods from abroad.It was actually a big contract and they choose our company to supply the goods.But the money we have on ground isn't enough to take the contract, but we accepted it anyway since I was able to collect loan.The goods will take only two weeks to arrive since it's through cargo ship"

After all these explanations from him,my mind wasn't at ease because it's a very risky business.

I've seen where ships sink in water and the owner would be bankrupt and become indebted.

This kind of business is either you profit or you lose it all.

"But don't you think it's very risky dad?"I asked.

"Business is all about taking risk,and it's actually not the first time I took such contract even though this one is different from the other ones I've taken since no loans were included in the previous ones.But we need to progress baby and it's going to be a big cake.Besides,none of my leads ever panned out.I'm pretty sure about this"

"So do you have  plan B,incase it doesn't work out as it's not good to put all your eggs in one basket?"

"No plan B is needed,I'm very sure of it"

"But I think.............."

Steven cut me short saying"Enough please Becky,are you suppose to be discouraging him or giving him words of courage"

They were all throwing weird looks my side as if I committed a big crime.

"She's always the Miss know it all,can't you please try to be positive for once Becky"Stephanie said in annoyance.

If there's anything she loves listening to is stories on how to get more money,so she wouldn't tolerate negative remarks.

"Don't worry Becky "Dad said giving me a reassuring smile and squeezed my hands softly.

He was so confident.His words were full of courage and I knew it will be so hard to convince him when all others were taking his side so I had no option than to just let it slide.

I heaved a sigh and said"It's alright daddy,best of luck"

I gave him a tight hug,and then kissed his forehead as he also returned with a peck on my cheek.

Me and dad have always been like that and atimes mum tends to get jealous and tells me to leave her husband alone and everyone would laugh at her including daddy.

"So daddy,are you going to buy us a new house that is bigger than this one"Paul said as he interrupt our daddy and daughter love.

This time around, he chose to be present rather than eavesdropping.

"Ofcourse yes!we'll build a luxurious house and everyone is going to have rooms of their own and empty more that could serve for guests"

The house we live in is a two story building and it doesn't belong to daddy, he rented the house.

He paid for five years and we've been living there for four years so in one year to come,the rent pay is going to expire and he'll pay for another five years as he said.

"Will you buy me a car daddy?"Stephanie asked pompously.

"No,you are too young to have a car now,but I'll change your mummy's car and buy one for Becky since she's finishing her secondary school this year"

She shook her head unhappily and kept mute.

"Thanks daddy,you are the best"I said.

Mum also thanked him In advance.

Daddy pulled Rose who has been playing with her toy to his side and sat  her down on his laps.

"what about my little angel,don't you want anything from daddy?"

"I want many clothes,teddy bears,and Tom and jerry"she said and we all bursted into laughter.

"Sure,daddy's princess must have all that she asked for including Tom and Jerry"daddy said as he used his hand to pull her nose.

Soon,the discussion came to an end as mum called all of us to come have dinner on the dining table.

I helped her to arrange the table clothes and the cutlery as we all sat to enjoy our delicious meal made by mum.

Author's note!!!
Chapter 3 covered!see you all in the next chapter.please tell me what you think about my book.I'll repeat,feel free to make corrections so that I can improve in the next chapter and more of my books that I'm yet to publish.
PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT  is the protocol.comment,vote and follow please.It's getting hot. ❤❤❤