24

The ringing bell indicating that it's lunch time already woke Chaeyoung up from her peace sleep. Putting her head on the table and crooking her back for a long time, does make her body felt numb. She stretched her body with half opened eyes yawning.

"Why don't you just pay the rent to school, already?" Yeri said while stuffing her books to her bag.

"What do you mean.." Chaeyoung yawned at the end of her words and twisted her back slightly to get a crack sounds, "Ugh.. Refreshed."

"You sleep here. Everyday, Son Chaeyoung. We can started to assume that this is your apartment." Yeri shrugged her shoulder and took her wallet on her right hand.

"I paid the tuition every month." Chaeyoung smiling goofing around with whatever Yeri has said to her. Yeri rolled her eyes as slowly she got a little bit annoyed with her seatmate behavior remembering that this was already their last year in high school. Great score is a must.

Chaeyoung who was joking around just to get a cold shoulder from her friend started to feel guilty. Not to her friend, not to her money, but to herself and her parents. They paid her tuition each month hoping that she would get the knowledge for her own future yet she was just slacking off in school everyday, "Alright.."

Yeri turned her head to Chaeyoung, "What?"

"I will not fall asleep again in the class started from today. Promise." she put her right hand to her chest as if she was taking an oath.

"I'm not sure."

"Hey! Believe on me! But.. Just wake me up, okay? If any chance you found me fall asleep. Please, wake me up?" Chaeyoung scooted herself closer to Yeri doing an aegyo.

Yeri chuckled, "Fine."

Chaeyoung shoot her finger hearts immediately to Yeri clicking her tounge feeling happy. Her dimple started to show up with her crescent moon alike eyes. As Yeri was about to go to the canteen, she asked Chaeyoung to go with her but Chaeyoung said no.

She shook her head, "I'm going to invite Dahyun eat with me." she grinned weakly.

Yeri took a look at behind where Dahyun sits and sighed, "Still have no any progress with her?"

Chaeyoung shook her head with sad smile on her face. Yeri sighed, "Fighting. I don't know what actually happened between you guys but I wish you guys can make up already. It's been 2 weeks!"

"I know."

Chaeyoung stood up from her seat and walked herself to Dahyun. Fidgeting on her fingers, afraid of what the milky-skin girl would say to her offer. What if she reject her? What if she really doesn't want to be with me anymore? What.. If.. I lose her..

She shook her head from all those negative thoughts, and walked faster approaching Dahyun who was now scrolling on her phone. She was reading webtoon giggling, "A Secret of Angel? Seojun is so unbelievable, right? How come he doesn't trust Jukyung?" Chaeyoung hyped herself in front of Dahyun wishing that she won't be the only one who got hyped. She really want her bestfriend come back, just like the old days.

Beyond her expectations, Dahyun smiled,"I know right. We shouldn't act like him to our lover if we have one."

As if it was already fifty years ago that she cracked a joke with Dahyun, she smiled widely and kinda welled up when Dahyun responded to her jokes. Trying hard not to let her tears fell in front of Dahyun, she took Dahyun's hand and pulled her,"Let's eat together!"

Intertwining their fingers to each other was their habit. But feeling awkward right now in the hallway when Chaeyoung just hold Dahyun's arm with her, is just so wrong. They could feel their body stiffen up with the sudden skinship that Chaeyoung initiated, especially Dahyun. Realizing that her bestfriend doesn't feel comfortable with their position, Chaeyoung took off their hands, "Sorry."