88

Avery's shaky hands opened her car door and she slipped inside before grabbing her phone that was in the cup holder. She dialed Ian's number and waited just one ring for him to say her name.

"Hi," she let out a sigh.

"Baby, where a you? Are you okay?" He asked and her eyes welled up with tears.

"I'm okay," she managed through tears. "I'm coming home soon."

"You scared me, Ry." Ian said gently into the phone and Avery nodded.

"I know," she sniffles. "I know, I'm so sorry. I didn't know what else to do."

"I'm on my way back now, I'll explain everything. I promise." She said.

[•]

When Avery pulled into Ian's drive way, Nami, Timothy and Eli's car were all parked behind Ian's car.

"Oh no," she muttered to herself before taking a deep breath in.

She had wanted to go inside and shower to get Jack's smell off of her. It was her paranoia talking but Avery could swear, she still felt Jack's cologne on her from him holding her so close.

With a sigh, she turned the ignition off and got out of the car and made her way inside.

Nami's voice was the first one she heard.

"Oh my God, she's back!"

Then she heard at least three footsteps and she braced herself for the amounts of hugs she was going to receive.

But once Nami laid eyes on her and saw that there wasn't any marks on her body. She smacked Avery in the arm multiple times.

"Ow, ow, stop!" Avery ordered.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Nami asked.

"Right now I'm in pain," Avery stared at her with wide eyes.

Ian ignored their banter and stepped around Avery and pulled her into a tight hug. He needed he hug more than she did. To make sure that she was really here and she was safe.

Avery on the other hand just wanted to shower.

"Are you alright?" He asked once he pulled away but he held her close.

"I'm fine," she nodded. "Is Anna okay?"

"She's fine, she's with my parents for the night." Ian said and Avery let out a sigh of relief.

"When I'm done with you, you won't be fine." Nami said and Avery let out a sigh before a soft smile appeared on her face.

"I don't even know why I bother with you," Timothy said behind Ian and she stepped around and gave him a tight hug.

"Looks like you're gonna have to deal with me for one more day." Avery smiled.

"Thank goodness," Ian stepped forward and kissed the side of her head. The same side where Jack had kissed her earlier.

Avery all but jumped away from him.

"I'm sorry," she quickly apologized and Ian frowned at her.

"It's okay,"

"I'm just a little jumpy. And I just want to take a shower and go to bed." She shook her head and Ian's frown deepened.