62

So NOT edited. I'm sorry, but enjoy.

Avery was sketching in her room when Nami walked in with a bag of food and drinks.

"Hey," She said before closing the door with her foot and Avery placed her sketchbook on her nightstand and grabbed the drink holder in her hand.

"Hi," Avery smiled.

"I didn't want to cook dinner tonight. So, loaded burritos." Nami said and Avery silently thanked the universe for this blessing.

"I will never complain about loaded burritos." Avery said as Nami handed her a large burrito.

"Bon appetite," Nami said before they both took a bite of their food.

"How's work?" Nami asked and Avery shrugged.

She swallowed her food and took a sip of her drink before sighing.

"It's good, it's definitely slower compared to the summertime."

"Let me rephrase," Nami shook her head. "Because I think you think I care about work for real. How's Ian?" She asked and Avery rolled her eyes.

"He's fine," she took a bite of food.

"Fine as in super attractive or fine as in mediocre?" Nami asked.

"I'm not getting into this with you," Avery shook her head before grabbing a hot sauce packet and opening it with her teeth.

"Oh come on, you have to give me something. After you found out he does like you, you haven't started feeling things for him?" She asked.

"No,"

Avery definitely has. She's in denial about it but she definitely has.

"That's a lie,"

"Believe what you want." Avery shrugged before taking a bite of food again.

"I'll tell you stuff about Joshua if you tell me." Nami baited and Avery rolled her eyes.

She swallowed her food quickly before speaking.

"You talking about Joshua doesn't benefit me in anyway, shape or form."

"Whatever," Nami muttered before taking a small bite of food.

Living with Nami is pretty simple. Reading her emotions, is even more simple. So, Avery knew that keeping Nami from talking about Joshua now would only result in her holding things in and exploding later. Either into a cleaning rampage, randomly bursting into tears or an angry fit.

None of them were appealing.

"Ian knows my coffee order." Avery said in defeat and Nami raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"I guess I kind of like that. It means that he's been paying attention to me right?" Avery said an Nami nodded with eager.