16

Avery and Nami were not on speaking terms

Avery and Nami were not on speaking terms. Sure, there was the few exchanges of words asking to borrow the car when the other isn't using it but the two have not shared an actual conversation in a week. It was driving the both of them insane.

"Are you ready for school?" Avery asked when Nami was placing her cereal bowl in the sink.

"You don't have class until ten,"

Avery was meeting Cameron early for a quick coffee break. She just didn't want to tell Nami because she doesn't want a fight.

"I just wanted to get on campus early and I don't really wanna take the bus." Avery explained and Nami nodded without another word. They finished their morning routine in silence before the two of them took off to school.

When they arrived onto campus, Avery's need to arrive at school early made perfect sense to Nami.

"Are you kidding me?" Nami muttered at the sight of Cameron in front of the coffee cart by the education building.

"I told you, I wanted nothing more to do with him and you made me drive you to him?" She spat at Avery.

"I made you drive me to school Nami, calm down." Avery got out of the car and Nami rushed after her. Avery was hoping she'd gotten out to tell her sorry but the anger in Nami's words stomped on that hope.

"Cameron is not school, next time you want to see him, I'm not your fucking chauffeur." Nami snapped before walking towards her class's building.

Cameron was at Avery's side within seconds. "Are you okay?"

This fight between Avery and Nami doesn't affect him at all. Actually, he doesn't mind it at all. He never liked Nami and when Avery is sad, she seeks comfort from Cameron. Which is exactly where he wants her.

Avery let out a sigh and ran her hands through her hair. "No, I need coffee,"

"And a new friend," he muttered. Avery didn't answer. She didn't need a new friend, she needed the same friend and she needed her now.

[•]

Like always after preschool and daycare, Annabelle was roaming the country club. Her father was in his office working with Eli on the new club policies and she was supposed to be looking for Shelby but she got lost. Every staff in the club knows Annabelle so saying she's lost isn't quite true. If anyone finds her alone, they'll quickly bring her back to Ian. On this particular day, it was Avery who found her.

"Annabelle?" She asked softly and the young girl turned to face her with a smile.

"Where are you going? Where's your dad?"

"Working with Uncle Eli,"

Avery looked down the hallway behind Anna for a moment before looking back at the young girl.