31

This chapter is a special birthday present to my dear friend Shelby Lou. So, thank her for being born today for the bonus chapter (❀◦‿◦)

[•]

Avery's phone chimed in her pocket and she looked around to see if anyone was nearby to check it.

When she's on the floor at work, she's not supposed to have her phone on her. It's a policy that Ian had made very clear when he became the owner of this place. Too many people were on their phone when they could be better serving customers.

But Avery was in a very heated text streak with David and she didn't want to break the streak by not answering in time.

She quickly typed her reply before going to check on one of her tables. Her phone chimed again when she was making her way back to the hostess stand and but she didn't pull it out again because Ian was leaning the stand.

"Hi," Avery smiled and Ian smiled.

"Hey,"

"What, are you doing out here?" Avery frowned. Ian has specific times that he comes out of his office to interact with the club members. Nine o'clock at night wasn't one of them because there's barely anyone here.

"Finished the pile of paperwork in my office and now I'm bored."

"Wow," Avery nodded. "You really do like the paperwork like Elijah said."

"It's a guilty pleasure honestly," he confessed and Avery laughed.

"Did it get busy when I left?" He asked and Avery shook her head no.

"We had a lot of club members grabbing late dinners. No one new came in and I think everyone left happy,"

"That's good to hear, I like steady." Ian nodded.

They stood in silence for a minute before Avery placed a hand on his upper arm in excitement.

"Guess what?"

"Hmh?"

"I'm getting a tattoo," she smiled and Ian raised his eyebrows at her.

"Yeah?"

"Yup, I made a bucket list when I was on vacation and getting a tattoo is on the list. So, I'm gonna do it." Avery smiled before removing her hand from his arm and Ian smiled at her.

"Why did you wait for so long to get it?" Ian asked. "Why didn't you get it when you turned eighteen like everybody else?"

"I was still in high school and in a foster home when I was eighteen. My foster mother Martha probably wouldn't have allowed it and I liked her and I didn't push it. When I moved out, I never had money to blow on crazy things like tattoos. But now, I have the money and I can do it, so I'm gonna."

"What are you getting then?" He asked and Avery shrugged.

"I don't know yet, I just know it's gonna happen."

"Congratulations," Ian chuckled and Avery's phone chimed again and he smiled.

"You can answer that if you want, I can switch off boss mode and be your friend."

"Ian Clark, I will not break the rules," Avery shook her head  and he rolled his eyes.

"As if I didn't see you check it twice already tonight.