38

Amy got off the phone with her mother before laying down in a tired heap next to Ian.

"How's your mother?" He asked even though he heard most of Amy's  conversation with Mrs. Vanderbilt.

"She's good, She still sad that Max died so I think she's finally experiencing empty nest syndrome."

"Max was a really good dog," Ian nodded and Amy let out a sigh.

"Yeah, he was." She rolled onto her side to look at Ian. "But I kind of always wished I had a human sibling."

"Hmh,"

"What?"

"I can't imagine having just one child."

"What? Annabelle is perfect." Amy frowned. "I only want one child and you already took care of that for me so I am pretty set."

"You only want one child?" Ian asked with a frown and Amy nodded.

"Yeah... how many did you think I'd want?"

"I don't know, I just know I don't want Belle to be an only child."

"Well, How many total do you want?"

"Right now, four sounds like a good number." Ian shrugged.

"Four?!" Amy sat up on the bed with wide eyes.

"And I want to foster,"

"Okay, slow down," Amy ordered and Ian smiled.

"Baby, we're just talking kids. It's not like we're going to have all of them right now."

"Oh, so you're set on this? You're set on me pushing three kids out of my body?" She asked. "Well, I'm set on pushing one, just one and if you don't like that, find a surrogate."

"Amy," Ian started but Amy shook her head.

"No, I'm not having this conversation anymore, damnit." Amy got off the bed and walked towards the dresser to pull out a t-shirt of Ian's to sleep in.

"Okay, so, because you disagree with me, the conversation is over?"

"Precisely," she nodded before taking off her blouse and slipping Ian's shirt over her bare chest.

"No, if you want to have a future together, we have to talk about kids." Ian pressed on. Him and Amy have never had this conversation before, they were not on the same page and he wanted to be on the same page.

"You want to have a future together, we have to talk about marriage."Amy snapped and Ian slowed down.

Amy scoffed. "You know, I once dated a guy and after four months of being together he said something jokingly about marriage. We've been together for over two years and not once have you jokingly or seriously mentioned marriage."

"Okay, so you're comparing me to a guy you dated when you were nineteen or twenty years old?"

"Exactly Ian, after dating me for four months a nineteen or twenty year old noticed that maybe he'd like to spend the rest of his life with me. You have not said anything of the sorts to me. Do you just see me as a baby making factory or as a someone you'd want to have a family with?"