Chapter 5

I got home really exhausted and tired so i lay on my bed.
I haven't heard from Carlos since he came to my house.
Just then I received a call from an unknown number.

Brianna's POV
"Hello" I said with a soft voice.
"Who is this??"I asked.
"It is Carlos your fiancé"
I muttered and "ooh"
"How did you get my number I don't remember giving it to you"I said and I heard a small laugh.
"I'm a genius"he said and I giggled.
"We will be engaged tomorrow right"he said I replied with a yes.
"So I guess you have to sleep and have enough rest."Carlos said.
"Mmm" I replied but I felt it was a bit rude so I said "Goodnight Carlos"he just hang up.
How rude??
If this is how he is going to treat me then living as his wife is going to be difficult.
I pushed all my thoughts away and went to the bathroom to have a shower.
I grabbed my dove shampoo and washed my brown hair.
After I was done I rubbed lotion on my body.
I grabbed my pink pajama shorts and a tank top then finally laid on my bed.
Gradually sleep took over.

*Day of Engagement*

I heard light knocks on the door.
I shouted "who is there,let me sleep"
"Victoria get up you are getting engaged"my sister yelled and I got up.
I was getting engaged I thought to myself.
I first took my bath then wore my undergarments.
I wasn't a fun of makeup but I had to since I was getting engaged today.
My makeup was done and when I looked at myself in the mirror I was speechless.My sister came in and hugged me.She began to cry.
"If only mum was here she would see how beautiful you looked"Victoria said and tears began to form in my eyes but I decided to stay strong for my sister. "Victoria everything happens for a reason mum must be proud of us I'm sure and don't cry Vicky you might ruin your makeup" I said and cleaned her tears.
I heard my dad yelling from downstairs saying "Are you girls ready the limo is here"
"In a minute dad"Victoria yelled back.
I put in my engagement dress which fit perfectly.This was the first time I was confident with my looks.
In 30 minutes we reached the reception grounds.
Where I am going to get engaged to a stranger,to someone I don't know.
We met the Gustamante family and they welcomed us warmly.Paula hugged me and told me I looked very beautiful.
The reception room looked very beautiful.I can tell a lot of money was spent.

I can tell a lot of money was spent

I met Carlos and held my hands.He smiled warmly at me.I heard someone calling me from behind and when I turned It was my bestfriend Mia
I was so happy I hugged her.
A handsome middle aged guy took the microphone and began speaking.
"Carlos here is my bestfriend we have know each other since high school.Carlos is an amazing guy and I'm happy that he found the love of his life.The girl of his dreams so congratulations my brother"he said and everyone clapped.
But wait he said Carlos has found the woman of his dreams.Was I the woman of his dreams no!
He didn't love me.He loves his girlfriend what was her name again. Mackenzie yes!
I have seen her pictures on the internet but I haven't gotten the opportunity to meet her in person.She was the best fashion designer of all times.Why didn't Carlos marry her instead?? Why me???
It was now time for our first dance.I haven't danced with anyone before.I used to dance with my mother when she was alive.I really miss you mum.
We went to the dance floor and I put one had on his shoulder.
Carlos wrapping his hands around my waist and pulled me close to him.I could feel his breath on my neck which sent shivers down my spine.
Why was he having an effect on me??
After the dance he took the microphone and said "You looked so beautiful when I saw you at the park on the first day we met". Wait what park aaaaahhh he was creating a love story for us.
He continued "I fell in love with you Brianna I love you and I want to ask you that Baby will you marry me??"
I can't say no!
If I do my father will beat me
He will abuse me
"Yes!"I said with a smile.
He put the ring on my finger and it looked so beautiful.
It was diamond.Real diamond.Every one clapped and cheered,my mum in law Paula came and she hugged me.She likes me so much.
I spotted David he came to
me and said "Congrats sister in law" I giggled
I excused myself and went to my sister.
We sat and talked. Mia joined us.She told me Mackenzie was here.Carlos ex.
What was she doing here.
Is she here to ruin the engagement.
I rushed inside to look for Carlos.The next thing I saw left me very surprised

Hey guys
Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Should I write Carlos POV
Please leave your comment so that I know what to write next.
Please don't forget to vote,share and comment
Thank you.