45 - A Disoriented Awakening

Alice comes into the room with a plate of food and a glass juice.

"You may not be our favorite person right now, but you still need to eat." she says placing the plate on the table and walks out.

🔺🔺PREVIOUSLY🔺🔺

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

🔸♦️Evelyn's P.O.V ♦️🔸

I woke up to a stinging pain in my side. Looking around at my surroundings, I see that I'm inside an unfamiliar room.

A constant beeping draws my attention and I realise that I'm in a hospital room.

I pull the needles and anything else attached to me from my body and stand in shaking legs.

I hold onto the IV rack for support, before finally taking one step further.

Soon one step became two and the number kept increasing. I finally make it to the door and look around the halls to see it basically empty.

Checking the names of each ward I make sure that I'm going in the right direction.

I keep walking and stop as soon as I reach my destination. I sit in front of the ward staring at them through the window, before going inside the room.

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

🔹🔸🔹Meanwhile🔹🔸🔹

🔸♦️ Jude's P.O.V ♦️🔸

Since visiting hours closed I started making everything that I think Evelyn might want, when she wakes up.

I was busy with the sauce for the puddibg when my phone rang.

Seeing as Evelyn's friends insisted on helping I asked one of them to answer my phone.

"It's the hospital." He says and answer the call.

He goes silent for a few seconds before looking worried.

"They can't find Evelyn." He says and I drop the bowl onto the counter. I wipe my hands, grab my keys, and run out the door.

Getting to the car, I see Alex, Shane, Nic and Alice stopping the the doors of the car.

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

I run into the hospital, and two doctors greet me and immediately fill me in.

According to them when they went to check in on Evelyn's drip and measure the stats, they found her bed empty.

They also said that the bed was still rather warm, so she couldn't have woken up long before they went to check up on her.

We scatter in different directions all with one goal, finding Evelyn.

I had check most of the wards in the West Wing when a name plate catches my eyes.

Maternity ward

'She couldn't, could she?' I ask myself slowing dragging myself to the ward.

I open the doors and slowly walk down the hall.

The first room in each side had no sign of her. Only when I moved to the next room, did I find her.

She was standing infront of a baby's crib and her lips seemed to be moving.

I slowly walk into the room and that's when I heard her humming a song. She walked ro the side of the crib and softly picked the baby up.

She slowly sways and softly continues humming the song. I hear voices behind me and see a woman in her mid-twenties, along with a man in his thirties looking at Evelyn.