30 - Setting Our Plan In Motion

"Because I like making you wait." He replies and closes the kit after placing the bloodied cottons and wipes in a plastic bag.

🔺🔺PREVIOUSLY🔺🔺

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

🔸♦️ Evelyn's P.O.V ♦️🔸

Ever since the whole hallway incident there's been an uncomfortable tension inside the house and it's affecting everyone.

"Dad look, I know that you haven't introduced me to the others, and that you really want to but I need you to keep that fact silent.

I have a plan, you might not like it but I'll explain everything to you once you agree to hear me out fully before making a decision."

I was seated in the chair opposite Jude inside his office. He was looking at me when he took his glasses off to rub his eyes.

"Fine, let me hear what you have planned."

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

"Okay. But how?"

"We can call each leader with his apprentice here and have a meeting on how to continue with this project."

"Okay let me think about it but make sure you at least have two back up plans." Jude says and I leave the room.

"Sure. Thanks dad." I exits the room closing the door behind me before going to the kitchen.

I've been craving spicy chicken since last week but whenever I want to start with the food, someone else had already started with dinner.

I walk into the kitchen slowly looking to see if anyone was there but I saw no one.

"Thank God..." I say softly and start to take out everything I need for the dinner.

I place everything I need on the counter and bend down to get the pan.

"Evelyn!" Someone calls out to me suddenly and I stand up only to hit my head on the cupbaord above me.

"Ow." I whisper before standing up from under the counter.

"Sorry." the person says and I turn around to see Alice and Carmella standing in the doorway.

"It's fine. Wanna help?" I ask holding the pan towards her and she take it.

"Sure. " Alice says at the same time Carmella takes the pan.

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

Dinner went by rather smoothly. Micheal and Alexander kept glaring at each other the whole time.

Apart from that I could see Ray and Carmella getting really cosy with each other, while Stephen was glaring daggers at them.

Carlos, Alice and Junior were in their own world talking about some game they planned on playing after dinner.

Jude and Mary were focussed on Amanda and I just sat in silence with Shane and ate.

"Hey listen, I need to talk to you about that thing." Shane whispers while looking around the table.

"Meet me on the roof tonight at 12." Shane says and continues eating.

Roof...
Tonight...

Those two words put together in a sentence, sends a chill down my spine.

"I lost my appetite." I stand up from the table after wiping my mouth and then walk away.

I can hear someone follow me but I manage to hide in a room before sinking to the floor.