20 - Waking Up

Will you please try to make her understand?" Sarah finishes playing with a lock of Evelyn's hair.

"I can try." I finally say after a long silence and when I look up I see that I'm the only one in the room apart from Evelyn.

🔺🔺PREVIOUSLY🔺🔺

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

🔹🔸🔹During Love's P.O.V🔹🔸🔹

🔸♦️Shane's P.O.V ♦️🔸

"Do you have any idea how important she is to us!?" Cap was pacing up and down in his office.

After Evelyn was transfered we had the house renovated Alice took the liberty of covereing the entrence to Evelyn's room with police tape.

The whole house has new furniture and it even had a few walls knocked out.

It looks more like an office than anything else. Instead of walking into the living room you now walk into a small reception area.

Down the hall we have the downstairs bathroom and the kitchen. The other rooms we knocked out the walls and made it one big room on both sides.

One side for our dining area and the other for out training area.

Upstairs we have the rooms and bathrooms as well as our office.

Cap gave a few classes to students after school, but upon hearing about Evelyn he closed down and is nkw giving us an earful.

"Shane!" Cap calls and I turn my attention to him.

"I'm sorry, sir. My attention has been all over the place since..."

"Okay. Look, we're all on edge. If we loose her, we loose the only way to destroy that family. And before I forget make sure you get the civilian to come see me as soon as possible. ."

"Go and check up on her progress." Cap says and motions a finger between Alice and the door.

"I'll call if I have any news." she says and leaves closing the door behind her.

"Come one it's late now. Since E can't be here to scold you till you have no reason but to sleep. I guess I'll have to do it." Cap says after a short silence.

We chuckle and start to head out of the room. "Oh yeah, make sure you're awake early tomorrow. I had asked the hospital staff to allow us earlier visiting times. Tell Alice ." we nod and I message Alice about the same.

I went to my room but I couldn't fall asleep. There was this pit in my stomach that I just couldn't shake off.

I feel the bed dip and sit up leaning on my arms. My eyes widen when I see the reason for the dip.

"Evelyn?" I ask and she looks at me. Her eyes seem more dull than usual.

"Hey."

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be in the hospital?" I ask and she sits with her legs crossed at the foot of the bed.

"I am, but I don't feel like I'm there anymore. To be honest I don't know why I'm here."

"I might have the answer to that. I never told them how I got here, but you've probably already figured it out. Am I wrong?"

"No. I guess in a way we're the same."

"Look if there comes a time when I need to.... You know. I hope it's you, and not some random person."

"Yeah... I get how you feel. Just make sure you don't go before me, kid"

"I'm two years younger than you, I'm not that young. "

"Still, you have so much potential." she says and suddenly she starts flickering.

"Go back we're not done with you yet and beside even you aren't done." I say and she finally disappears. A few seconds after she disappeared my phone rings and I see the caller ID as Alice.

I sigh and push myself from under the covers. I pull on a pair of pants and a t-shirt. Opening the door I see Cap with his hand raised as if to knock on the door.

"Don't ask." I say yawning before going downstairs to see Junior with the twins.

"Keys." I say and Carlos throws me the keys from the table

"Ready? Let's go." I say and hold the door for everyone to leave before locking up.

🔸♦️Nic's P.O.V ♦️🔸

I had just arrived at the house when I see Mary and Jude running out of the house, well Jude running and mom waddling as fast as she could.

Climbing out of the car I hear Mary yell at me. "Get in the car and follow us! It's Evelyn!"

Evelyn? But I just cane from there... What could've happened  in these few minutes...

Did she hear what I said? Crap!

Climbing back in the car I drive after them. Stopping at the hospital I climb out of the car and run after them into the hospital.

Arriving at the room I see a groups of people already waiting outside.

"What happened with our daughter?" Mary asks and I can't help but feel joy as well as pain at her sentence.

"She had a seizure. We nearly lost her." Micheal says and then I look up at the faces waiting outside the room.

I see two who look familiar but the rest are a mystery.

"Who are you?" I ask and this one guy who looks pretty build turns to me and introduces himself.

"I'm Zack. This is my sister Alice and my brother Junior. The twins are Carlos and Carmella and then we have Shane.

We stay together a few blocks away, and they all go to school together with Evelyn.

Alice was picking up some medicine when she heard what happened to Evelyn so she called me and the rest came with." he says and I nod greeting the others.

"Good news. She woke up and there seems to be nothing wrong with her memory as of now. But we'd like to keep her for observation tonight." The doctor says coming out of the room wearing a smile.

A collection of relieved sighs echo through the hallway and the doctor chuckles." Visitor shouldn't be more than three people going in." The doctor says and walks away.

"Family first." Cap says and Jude along with mom and me walk into the room to see Evelyn sitting upright on the bed her hair pulled into a ponytail with a bandage around her head.

"What hap-"

"No. Not untill she's completely fine." Mary says and Jude nods taking her hand in his.

"I'm fine, kinda sore but fine. Don't worry." she says and smiles softly.

No... Don't smile like that...

Don't smile like nothing happened and I didn't almost loose you...

No! We almkst lost you... Get yourself together Nic!

I  pull a seat from the cornor of the room and sit down looking at the happy family

"Where's Nic?"

No... Don't search for me...

"Why are you over there?" she asks and motions me to her. "Wow, one member of my family doesn't want to speak to me... Well then I guess I might just stay here." she says sarcastically and I shake my head moving closer.

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁