36 - A Non Personal Visit

Sad but content. That would be the only way of explaining what her eyes conveyed.

🔺🔺PREVIOUSLY🔺🔺

🔹🔸🔹This first part is what she spoke to Jude and Nic about on the phone when the others eavesdropped🔹🔸🔹

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

🔸♦️Evelyn's P.O.V ♦️🔸

I was running through the halls trying to block the way behind me by throwing and pulling things down.

I hear a few shots fire and jump to hide behind the cornor.

I see an open window, knowing I'm on the ground floor, I run towards the window and jump out landing on my hands on the grass before doing a flip and running into the bushes.

I take out a small bag from inside my pocket and open it before calling it in.

"Item retrieved. Visual confirmation will be sent within the hour." I say and run towards the car I had parked a few houses down the road.

I take a photo of the item, and within minutes I received my payment.

After that I take my other phone and send the account number to Cap. Hoping this wasn’t another dead end. And I wasn't putting my child's life at risk for nothing.

I drive away and park inside a motel parking lot before getting a room for the night.

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

🔹🔸🔹This part takes place during the part where Ray and Stephen caught Alec making out with Kate... just a different place, but still the same day and time🔹🔸🔹

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

I was currently laying on the bed rubbing the baby bump that started showing a few weeks ago.

I was thinking back to everyone I left behind. Mary, Jude, Nic, Alex, my friends and then Amanda's little face popped up in my mind.

"She should be about 8 months old, at the end of this month. Which means I've been pregnant with you for about 4 to 5 months. Isn't it going to be weird. Your aunt is going to be around one year older than you." I chuckle before falling silent, listening to my heartbeat in my ears.

The sound is distorted by my phone ringing. I look to the side to see both screens lit up.

Seeing as the black phone was my personal phone I answered the grey one first.

"Elizabeth speaking." I answer

"I hear that you're the go to person for any j-"

"Get to the point."

"I need you to retieve three golden headpieces."

"That's it? Fine, send me everything you know about them and any info you can gather. I'll then decide if I'll take up the job." I disconnect the call and take my black phone

"One missed call." I say and just before I push call. I see the caller ID.

Alex, you're making it hard... And what makes it worse is that I want to call you and tell you everything but I can't, not until I'm done...

Just then my phone rings and I check the caller ID before answering.

"Yes, Cap."

"E, the rumours have spread and the next suspect might call about three he-"

"Headpieces? Yeah, I just got off the phone with him."

"There’s a problem though. The job's here at home."

"No. I refuse. I'm not go-"

"Please. E, he could be the link we've been searching for, to finally put an end to your ' family business'."

"Fine, but if I get burned or hurt, you're gonna face a worse side of me."

"Thanks, I'll make all the preparations all you need to do it get here." Cap says ending the call.

"Looks like we'll see your dad earlier that planned." I say switching off the light.

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

It has been a few days since Cap called and the train I took just arrived at the station.

Exiting the train with my bag I spot Cap immediately and we make our way to one of the safehouses used by the police department to hide witnesses.

"I just hope this doesn't take long." I say and Cap looks at me wierdly.

"Did you gain weight?"

"That's not something you ask a girl!" I say and Cap chuckles

"You know that I'm direct."

"No." I say and roll down the window letting in some fresh air.

"We've planned an alias as well as a few extra undercover cops for safety."

"Okay just fill me in when we reach I'm not gonna focus if you tell me now." I say and lay against the back of the seat.

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

"So basically, you want me to say I'm married to him, while you very well know that I suck at acting, and anything that has to do with a stanger."

"Yes." Cap says and continues explaining but it went through one ear and out the other.

"Can you explain again tomorrow. I need to sleep." The guy says and Cap nods before leaving.

"Look. I'm gonna be straight with you. I don't need someone questioning me, and neither do I want someone watching my every move."

"I wasn't going to do so. Look you have your reasons for doing this and if you don't want to tell me that's fine."

"I'm Evelyn but call me Elizabeth whenever there's someone around, either me or you."

"Cool, I'm Chris." The guy says and now that I take a closer look at him, he wasn't anywhere near anyone of the guys I've dated in my previous years.

He's blonde, tall, slim, slight tan, and he has black eyes.

"Evelyn, you can sleep on the bed I'll take the spare room." Chris says and walks down the stairs with a pillow and blanket.

"Thanks." I say and walk upstairs before unpacking and taking a shower.

Standing under the water, I caress the bump again and smile sadly, thinking about Alex.

Knowing him, he would've permanently been on his knees talking to the baby. I finally let the tears fall and let the water wash them away.

Sliding down onto the floor. I just let it all out and as soon as I was done crying, I just sat under the water.

I bring my knees to my chest and hear someone knock on the door.

"Evelyn, you okay in there?" Chris calls and I turn off the water.

"No." I say and hear the door open. I turn around so my back faces the door and feel him place a towel around my shoulders.

He helps me up and I wrap the towel around my body tighter and walk out of the bathroom.

"They say talking to a stranger help release stress." Chris says and I chuckle.

"It's nothing. Don't worry. You can shower. I'll go to sleep."

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁