24 - Witness Protection And Two Mediums

"Remember I'm practically healed so... Get ready to loose." Evelyn says and walks off of the stage and to her friends.

🔺🔺PREVIOUSLY🔺🔺

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

🔸♦️Evelyn's P.O.V ♦️🔸

"I still can't believe, I accepted Nic's challenges in front of so many people." I say and lay down on the bed with my head rested on Love's lap.

"I saw something like this coming for a while now." Love says with a joking tone which caused me to look at him pointedly.

"Ha ha very funny. Crap! I forgot Zack wants to see me about some arrangements for the others." I jump up and sit on my knees on top of the bed.

I give him a quick peck on the lips before leaving his room through the window, seeing as his parents were home and unaware that I was with him.

"Love you." I blow him a kiss before disappearing behind the wall climbing down the ladder next to the house and then ssprinting out of the yard and to my car.

I can finally drive without the headaches. I am practically healed and the incident of being shot feels like a distant memory.

I started the car and drove to the house office where I was greeted with two more cars that looked near identical to me, apart from the license plate.

"Evy." Shane greets me and I nod before Zack pulls me to the side and then into his office.

Once inside the office I see the twins, Alice along with Junior sitting on the couch near the bookshelf.

"You all may be wondering why I wanted to see you so urgently. Well I'm going to keep it short and sweet. Shane has already been informed therefore he is manning the front.

Now the higher up have given you an assignment, well more of a punishment that assignment.

The six of you will be in charge of witness protection." Cap says and we all let out a collective groan.

"Hey! Suck it up. If you made sure that their was no one following you, tou wouldn't be in this position." Cap says and I sigh standing up.

"When do we start?" I ask and Cap smirk turning with his back to us.

"Now. Come in." Cap says and the door knob turns to reveal the one and only Micheal Stevens.

🔸♦️Cap's P.O.V ♦️🔸

"Great. Now most of you already know each other so introductions would be a waste of time. Starting tomorrow each if you will take turns to patrol the area around Michael's house." I start to explain but someone interrupts

"Cap, wouldn't it be better since Micheal and Evelyn's brother-" Alice starts to say and I turn around to find the twins silently glimpsing between Evelyn and the door.

"He's not my brother, he's my step brother."

"Okay. Her stepbrother and Micheal are friends. So wouldn't it be easier if we just sent him to her house and then we could patrol her house instead of his.

And on the plus side if something was to happen she would be there to stop it from happening." Alice finishes and but presses her lips together and shrinks away when she turns to Evelyn.

Evelyn had an angry expression on her face. Her eyes where turned into slits while her brows knotted together in a deep frown. Her lips were pressed tightly together and her entire posture was tense.

"Alice." I warn "You know very well how she feels about both of them. So why mention them in front of her?" I ask and she lifts her shoulder and the brings them back down

"Woah. Hold up, them? What did I do that deserve those sort of feelings from her towards me?"

"Oh really. Don't you know? How about every insult, slap, kick and death threat I received during my first few years of high school?

Just because I'm not thin enough, don't wear enough makeup, and don't open my legs for every third person that walks past me!?"

By now Evelyn had him against the wall gripping at his throat.

"E, let him go." I say softly not wanting her to squeeze tighter.

Evelyn, E and Evy kept coming from the other but I finally manage to quiet them down, knowing that too many voices confuse and frustrate her further.

The commotiin neemed to have lured attention as I see Shane standing in the door way eyes wide as he looks at the scene unfolding.

Even with the other quiet she still squeezes his throat and I can see his fave turning red as his lips slightly turn blue.

"Evelyn!" I shout and she snaps out of it, letting go of him she storms out of the room nearly knocking Shane off his feet.

I sigh as Micheal coughs before Alice apologizes and hands him a gkass of water.

"You said that they're supposed to protect me, but she just attacked me!?" He shouts and then coughs again.

"That's my fault. I made her angry. Sorry but just don't make her angry." Alice says and Junior agrees.

"She's been bottling up everything and it's taking a toll on her. She started showing signs of aggression among other things." Carmella explains and Carlos rest his hamd on Michael's shoulder.

"You should be honored, not afraid." Carlos says and Michael looks at him confused.

"She's not someone to show emotion but when she does. It just means you hold a rather special place in her heart, though it isn't a good place but it's still a special place." Carlos says and pulls Micheal up.

"Let's get you filled in." Alice says and I see Shane walking away in the direction Evelyn ran.

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

🔸♦️ Shane's P.O.V ♦️🔸

I left in the direcrion Evelyn ran and find her sitting on the porch fench talking to Sarah.

"Hey girls." I greet purposefully hoping I could finally talk to Evelyn about something I've been meaning to talk to her about.

"G-Girls? But it's just me." She tries to hide her surprise but I sit down on Evelyn's right side seeing as Sarah was on her left.

"I've noticed the way you act at certain times and I also know the reason behind it. We aren't very different, the only difference between us is that I've been doing this for as  long aa I remember."

"What do you mean?" Evelyn and Sarah ask together

"I'm going to be frank with you. I know about Sarah. All the times she's not with you, she's with me explaining what happened to you, to me."

Evelyn spins toward Sarah and Sarah just avoids eye contact. Evelyn pushes at Sarah but instead of going though her like most people would, she pushed her off the fench.

Shock must have been written all over my face, because when Evelyn looked at me she looked confused.

"How did you do that?" I ask and see Sarah chuckle.

"She different, isn't she. Whi would've thought planting my organs into her would also make her a medium, just like you." Sarah says and now it's Evelyn's turn looks at me with shock.

"Even you?" she asks. "But wait. I was already a Medium before the operation. Don't tell me your organs increased my abilities?" Evelyn asks and both Sarah and I look at her dumbfounded.

"Oh well... Nothing we can do about it now." Sarah jokes from the floor before standing up and then leaves me to talk with Evelyn.

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁