04 - Nicolas

"Isn't Micheal the one from your class?" Alex asks and I nod.

"Yes. Now I need to give you the tour and then it's time for lunch

🔺🔺PREVIOUSLY🔺🔺

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

🔸♦️ Evelyn's P.O.V ♦️🔸

Today I have to move back to his place and I'm really not looking forward to it. The last time I saw him he made it clear what he feels about me.

"Evy!" Uncle calls from downstairs. I close my last box and tape it closed.

"Coming!" I pick up my bag and walk downstairs to see Jude with his second wife and their son Nicolas standing downstairs.

"Evy, play nice." Uncle says and hands the keys to the new owners as movers take my stuff from my room.

The rest of the house was empty apart from the basic equipment that was built in the house.

"Bye Uncle. Take care of yourself." I whisper into his ear as I hug him.

"Evy-"

"Evelyn. Call me Evelyn, you don't get to call me Evy."

"Evelyn... We will be hosting a party for your return home. Here is a card to buy yourself something for that night. I let the store owners know of your plans and I have also asked them to make sure you buy something from each of them using the card." Jude says and opens the door. I can see his second wife smile sadly but Nicolas was looking at me with a scowl.

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

A knock on the door takes my attention away from the class vid the teacher  made to explain the work seeing as I wasn't in school.

"Yes?" I call after pausing the vid and taking the books off of my lap, placing them on the bed.

I open the door and almost immediately I'm pushed up against the wall next to the door outside tbe room.

After a few seconds I realise that my throat was being crushed between someone's hands.

I look up to see Nicolas with his arms streched out and I assume that he was the one strangling me.

"Nico-Nic Nicolas what a-are you do-doing?" I try to ask and suddenly he was pulled off of me.

"Nick, what the hell! She's been here four hours and this is what you do?" Someone asks and I just start coughing.

I look up to see Nicholas' mother Mary standing beside her son, scolding him.

"Mom why are you helping her. Don't you want me to be my father's only child?"

"Not anymore." She says and I shake my head going back into my room slamming the door shut, coughing continously.

"Mom. Why did you leave me?" I ask before going back to my work.

A few hours later someone knocked on my door.

"Evy- Evelyn. The driver is ready. Please get ready." Jude says from the door.

I finish the last few minutes of the vid before getting dressed in more appropriate clothes.

I dressed in a pair of jeans and a shirt with some pumps. I combed my hair and put on some make-up to hide the red marks on my neck.

I was walking down the stairs when someone called out to me.

"Evelyn will you mind if I go with you?" Mary asks as she walks down the stairs to stop right next to me.

"Sure, just don't try to be overly friendly. I have nothing against you but you shouldn't mistake that for liking you." I say and walk outside with Mary leading a few steps in front.

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

"No. Try another one." Mary says and takes a black dress from the rack.

"This one." she says and hands me the dress. It was a A-line dress with a sweet heart neckline, the sleeves and chest area was covered in a net fabric while as the dress went to the ground silver jewels and stones were stitched until the entire bottom of the dress became silver.

"Okay. I'm going to take this dress. The silver heels from the previous shoe store." Mary says and takes the card Jude gave me and payed for the dress.

She went out as the cashier packed the dress. Mary returned soon after with a bag in her hands, which I assume to be my shoes.

"Now we need jewelry." Mary says as we exit the dress store looking around and then walks off in the direction of the jewelry store.

Inside the store Mary looked around at the sets of jewelry. I walked through the store and my eyes fell on a simple pair.

The set contains a bracelet, earrings, rings and necklace.

The bracelet was silver with pearls hanging on it as charms. The earrings and necklace was very similar to the bracelet while the ring was a ring and it was encasing a rather big pearl on top using the same pieces that holds a diamond in place.

The pearls weren't the normal mixture of colors, but these pearls were a deep dark and lively blue.

"Do you like this one?" Mary asks when she stops beside me.

"Yeah..." I whisper looking at the set one more time, before I walk off.

"Evelyn will you please go and get us a seat at the food court. I will go and pay for the jewelry."

I walk out of the store and walk down to the food court. I order us each a milkshake and a pizza.

"So, here is the set I had chosen." Mary says and opens the box to reveal the same set I had looked at in the store.

"I wanted you to wear something you like at the party tomorrow." Mary says and places the box back in the bag.

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

A/N🍂
So... How do you feel about this story so far?